_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Modern - USA
Modern Armor, AFVs, and Support vehicles.
Hosted by Darren Baker
M1A1 Mine Plows
cabasner
Visit this Community
Nevada, United States
KitMaker: 1,083 posts
Armorama: 1,014 posts
Posted: Friday, April 24, 2015 - 11:26 AM UTC
Hey All,

I know this topic has been discussed before, but thought I would post my personal opinion on the matter. I had read, here on Armorama, that the Trumpeter Mine Plow, specifically as attached to an M1A1 Abrams tank, and as supplied in the Trumpeter M1A1/A2 Abrams 5 in 1 (01535) kit, had gotten pretty good reviews. I received another opinion that said that the Tamiya Mine Plow, in the Tamiya U.S. M1A1 Abrams with Mine Plow kit (35158) was the best one. Having both of those kits in my possession now, I compared them, part by part. I can honestly say that these two mine plows are almost identical. Neither has any more detail than the other, the moldings are almost exactly the same, and in fact, the Trumpeter has the tiniest edge in some of the molded bolts. Size-wise, again, the plows are almost exactly identical.

So, for any of you who are interested in getting a plow, to be used on a Dragon M1A1 such as I will be doing, I would say that you should probably get which ever kit is the least expensive, as there appears to be no discernible difference between the two.
seanmcandrews
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 561 posts
Armorama: 553 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 26, 2015 - 06:45 PM UTC
Thanks Curt, good to know.

Sean
 _GOTOTOP