_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Axis - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Axis forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Tiger Early - how many track links?
andyelbac
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 65 posts
Armorama: 57 posts
Posted: Friday, April 24, 2015 - 08:38 PM UTC
Hi,
I'm building Tamiya's early Tiger and purchased a set of Fruil track links to fit. Somehow I got carried away and made each side way too long. As I've added etched side skirts, to say the whole thing is a little delicate is an understatement. Just trying to fit the damn tracks caused lots of breakages. So, my question is, to save me from cutting off too many or not enough, how many track links do I need for each run (I foolishly binned the kit tracks so don't have anything to go on). Any help would be appreciated.
Tojo72
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 4,691 posts
Armorama: 3,509 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 25, 2015 - 04:17 AM UTC
With Fruils I usually go a little higher,I'm thinking 96 links,but leave the wire a little longer so I can pull it out easier to remove a link.If is not necessary,then you can nip then shorter.It shouldn't be a big deal adding or subtracting links,I'd rather ssubtract.
AFVFan
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 1,980 posts
Armorama: 1,571 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 25, 2015 - 06:16 AM UTC
I've found a lot of times I can count the links in one of the illustrations on the instruction sheets. As Anthony stated though, with those tracks it shouldn't be a problem, as it would be with glue together tracks links.
andyelbac
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 65 posts
Armorama: 57 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 25, 2015 - 02:25 PM UTC
That's a good idea. I will go with that and see how I do. Thanks
 _GOTOTOP