_GOTOBOTTOM
AFV Painting & Weathering
Answers to questions about the right paint scheme or tips for the right effect.
Future
plasticman17
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 78 posts
Armorama: 52 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 25, 2015 - 05:25 PM UTC
Hi, looking for Future Floor Wax. I know they changed the name and packaging but I am having a heck of a time fnding it. I tried a few that I "thought" was future.... Lets just say we have a nice little collection of floor wax bottles under the the kitchen sink. I tried all the local Home Improvement stores and most big box stores.... What am I looking for with the new labeling? I know it doesn't say future on the bottle. Could someone send me a picture?
Any suggestions where I can find it? Thank you
Robbd01
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 791 posts
Armorama: 344 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 25, 2015 - 05:34 PM UTC
Look for Pledge. It does not say Future anymore. Here are some links Amazon and Wallyworld

https://www.google.com/search?q=pledge+with+future&rlz=1T4GGNI_enUS534US534&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=lto8VaWLN9CNoQSqsICwBg&ved=0CFIQsAQ&biw=1794&bih=963

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Pledge-Floor-Care-27-fl-oz/15136693

http://www.amazon.com/SC-Johnson-Pledge-Multi-Surface-Finish/dp/B000ARPH4C

Cheers
plasticman17
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, April 25, 2015 - 05:49 PM UTC
Thanks robbie, definitley the bottles that i purchased did not have the future logo, but they are pledge bottles. I guess pledge has several kinds of floor wax
Robbd01
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
Posted: Saturday, April 25, 2015 - 06:05 PM UTC
The only concern I have heard is there is a Pledge for wood floors. That is NOT the one you want. If you look at the backside of the label (looking through the bottle) it should say 'Acrylic Floor Finish for Non-Wax and Regular floors'

Cheers
SgtRam
Staff MemberContributing Writer
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 3,971 posts
Armorama: 2,859 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 25, 2015 - 06:36 PM UTC
Believe this is the current label.

plasticman17
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, April 26, 2015 - 12:11 AM UTC
Yep, I think I have all of Pledges floor wax except the one I need. Just went to another wally world and again, same ol stuff, no future 👎
plasticman17
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, April 26, 2015 - 12:12 AM UTC
Thanks kevin 👍
Robbd01
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
Posted: Sunday, April 26, 2015 - 01:16 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Yep, I think I have all of Pledges floor wax except the one I need. Just went to another wally world and again, same ol stuff, no future 👎

Well you can always order online

Cheers
SaxonTheShiba
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 1,233 posts
Armorama: 557 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 26, 2015 - 01:29 AM UTC
I don't know if it's a regional issue or what but Pledge has been very hard to find here in North Carolina. A lot of my go-to merchants have quit carrying it.

Regards,

Ian
SgtRam
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Sunday, April 26, 2015 - 01:39 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I don't know if it's a regional issue or what but Pledge has been very hard to find here in North Carolina. A lot of my go-to merchants have quit carrying it.

Regards,

Ian

I picked my last bottle up at Walmart (Canada), I would think the stores South of the Border would carry the same items.
SaxonTheShiba
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Sunday, April 26, 2015 - 02:05 AM UTC
Hey Kevin, no such luck around my area. Only thing I have seen is the Floor Cleaning Pledge in the white bottle. All of the sudden the Floor Finish Pledge disappeared from the shelves of Wallie World, Lowes, Home Depot, grocery stores and dollar stores.

Best wishes,

Ian
SgtRam
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Sunday, April 26, 2015 - 02:07 AM UTC
Ian

Hope that is not a sign of things to come up here, might have to stock up. Any idea on the shelf life?? Or maybe a business idea, buy big bottles, put it in small bottles and sell it. LOL

Kevin
SaxonTheShiba
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Sunday, April 26, 2015 - 02:12 AM UTC
Kevin, I have kept bottles for years. No issues as long as they are sealed tight and kept out of the sunlight. I hope the Floor Finish line is not dwindling but not looking good.....at least around where I live. Testors Gloss will get expensive for every model.

Regards,

Ian
SgtRam
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Sunday, April 26, 2015 - 02:26 AM UTC
My last bottle, which I think is about 6 or 7 years old started to yellow and thicken. Good think there was only about an inch or two left in the bottle.

Robbd01
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
Posted: Sunday, April 26, 2015 - 03:17 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Regards,

Ian

I may need to hitch up the ole wagon and make my rounds here in the desert to see if I too am having the same supply issue Worse case online and paypal.

Cheers

tatbaqui
Staff MemberNews Writer
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
KitMaker: 2,713 posts
Armorama: 2,451 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 26, 2015 - 06:01 PM UTC
Check this out:

http://www.swannysmodels.com/TheCompleteFuture.html

It has been my go-to site on anything Future. Also shows how the packaging evolved over the years to what's current. I saw that the content has recently been updated.

Cheers
plasticman17
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, April 27, 2015 - 04:46 AM UTC
Thanks for all of the replies guys, yes extremely hard to find in my neck of the woods. Im located in the philadelphia area and I havent seen squat when it comes to the future floor wax. I hate to order it and pay that shipping charge.... From all the gas ive been burning up looking for it, I might as well order it 😟
SaxonTheShiba
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Monday, April 27, 2015 - 04:59 AM UTC
Sean, I am with ya. I am wondering if it is getting phased out...at least at the storefront level. Amazon, here I come.

Regards,

Ian

Quoted Text

Thanks for all of the replies guys, yes extremely hard to find in my neck of the woods. Im located in the philadelphia area and I havent seen squat when it comes to the future floor wax. I hate to order it and pay that shipping charge.... From all the gas ive been burning up looking for it, I might as well order it 😟

Robbd01
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
Posted: Monday, April 27, 2015 - 05:18 AM UTC
Hit 2 of my usual spots and they did not have it in stock. Had the cleaner wood finish but no pledge for vinyl floors (Acrylic). Guess vinyl floors are out now along with shag carpet and waterbeds. Seems a dim future for future. Luckily I still have 2 bottles with the old future label and a later bottle with the future name on it but I do see it starting to yellow a bit.

Not so cheers
deerstalker36
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 232 posts
Armorama: 218 posts
Posted: Monday, April 27, 2015 - 06:00 AM UTC
I had the same issue when i moved over here to Australia from the UK, no Pledge, no Klear, no Future. Apparently the local major chain supermarket sold pledge but no luck finding it.

The i went to our chain DIY store, Bunnings, and asked there for an acrylic floor shine. They have this stuff (in 5l cartons) that is as thin as Klear, has a milky appearance, which i believe the new formula Pledge stuff does and it self levels. Ive done a couple of tests and seems to act just like the Future/Klear/Pledge floor polish, drying nice and shiny and also crystal clear on canopies etc.

the stuff is called Long Life self shining polish, so for any Aussies out there that are stuck.....

http://www.bunnings.com.au/long-life-5l-self-shining-floor-polish-_p4467264
11Bravo_C2
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 475 posts
Armorama: 394 posts
Posted: Monday, May 18, 2015 - 11:45 PM UTC
Delayed reply. According to S.C. Johnson, in the US, they have relabeled the old Pledge, Future, etc...

It is now Pledge Floor Care Finish "Multi Surface Finish".

I got it right off the shelf at my local Ace Hardware.
Also saw at my local Lowes and Home Depot.

http://www.pledge.com/en-US/Products/Pages/floor-care-finish.aspx

Quoted Text

Thanks for the question.We’re happy to help!

Our former Pledge® floor care products with Future® Shine on thelabel are now called Pledge® FloorCare Finish – one version for Wood and onefor Multi Surfaces. These formulas are the same as the previously sold products.

Pledge® FloorCare Finish is designed for use on floors. As such,we have not tested it on polymer clay. While this is considered a non-directeduse, if you have found satisfactorily results, you can proceed with this usageat your own risk.

Chrisk-K
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
KitMaker: 310 posts
Armorama: 294 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 19, 2015 - 06:02 AM UTC
I bought 3 bottles of Future a few years ago. I've used about 1/20 of a bottle so far. My future will not be without Future.
SgtRam
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Tuesday, May 19, 2015 - 06:21 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I bought 3 bottles of Future a few years ago. I've used about 1/20 of a bottle so far. My future will not be without Future.

I found that mine started to yellow after about 5 years in my supply cupboard. Hopefully is was just that release, as have bought some extras now. I use one bottle about every 5-6 years.
 _GOTOTOP