_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum: Cold War Soviet Armor
For discussions related to cold war era Russo-Soviet armor.
AT-T Tractor and SA 2 Guideline
mecanix
Visit this Community
Kerry, Ireland
KitMaker: 201 posts
Armorama: 189 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 26, 2015 - 02:32 AM UTC
I am just gathering the bits and boxes to attempt the scratch of a 1/35th AT-T artillery Tractor during the summer break.
Thinking ahead a bit, I began to consider the equipment to be towed behind.I looked at various gun combinations but wanted something a bit different. Next was a full Red Square job with a trailer and an IRBM/ICBM but painting all those figures to sit in the back put me off. Then I remembered, a couple of times, seeing in various Vietnam War documentaries, a trailer mounted SA 2 being towed by an AT-T.
So I have two problems (so far!) The first being that I cannot find any reference or pictures just to prove I didn't imagine it and the second is, how did it work? The Zil truck and transporter unit uses a fifth wheel to connect to the tractor.So was there a fifth wheel set up in the AT-T's truck bed or did they use a dolly bogie with the trailer and then connect it to the tow-bar.
Any help or ideas would be very much appreciated.
regards
juge75
Visit this Community
Jasz-Nagkyun-Szolnok, Hungary
KitMaker: 843 posts
Armorama: 841 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 26, 2015 - 11:04 AM UTC
The Volhov ZIL -157 S-75 / V -750 Missile supplier charger ( TZM ) does not have any extra drive.
The only Krug ( 9T22A ) Kub ( 9T22B ) transport vehicles are charging .
Towing : ATS-59 photo is tracked tractor and combination of S-75 / V750 .
The platform Booster cushions and individually made ​​him a saddle for towing .

mecanix
Visit this Community
Kerry, Ireland
Posted: Tuesday, April 28, 2015 - 10:53 PM UTC
Thank you for that,I seem to have identified the wrong tractor, so back to the drawing board.
Still fascinating photos and if I can work out how to do that cab,maybe...
regards
Frenchy
Visit this Community
Rhone, France
KitMaker: 12,719 posts
Armorama: 12,507 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 29, 2015 - 07:00 PM UTC
Here's another view :

AFAIK, this variant is called ATS-59S...

You can find some walkaround pics of the cargo variant here :

http://hobby-models.ru/walkaround/ats-59.html

H.P.
vettejack
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 1,277 posts
Armorama: 1,254 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 29, 2015 - 07:59 PM UTC
As mentioned elsewhere on this site, you could get Panzershop's BAT-M vehicle for a base start, leaving off the parts you don't need. At $159 it could balance the cost of you having the scratch build the vehicle. I have this kit and it's very nice resin (although I would use Tamiya's T-55 for parts...lol).

guni-kid
Visit this Community
Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
KitMaker: 521 posts
Armorama: 514 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 30, 2015 - 01:29 AM UTC
With the Bat-M you won't get too far in the direction of the ATS-59 I would say. Panzershop announced the ATS in the more or less near future to air, so maybe it's for the best to wait and see what the kit will be like...

As for the AT-T, Panzershop used to have this one as a kit as well, if you still want to have this it might be for the best wo wait here as well, as they are coming out with re-invented kits here and there sometimes... Otherwise it's true, the BAT-M kit provides all the necessary parts to go for the AT-T. Just the cargo deck needs some scratching and some minor changes have to be taken into account (Rear and towing gear for example)
mecanix
Visit this Community
Kerry, Ireland
Posted: Thursday, April 30, 2015 - 11:55 PM UTC
Marian,H-P and John, thank you and yes I had the same thought about the BAT-M when I saw one among the last few kits still left on the Panzershop stand being sold off cheaply at the end of SMW Telford last year. Sadly someone got to the table before me.....!
I hadn't heard about a Panzershop ATS, again thanks. I will think about that and maybe just build the trailer/missile part.
I know we are living in a "Golden Age' of modelling and I am glad of it but its having a terrible effect upon my conversion/scratchbuilding plans
regards
cheswickthecat
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 212 posts
Armorama: 208 posts
Posted: Friday, May 01, 2015 - 12:05 AM UTC
That would be sweet to see a ATS kit. Hope it happens. Thanks for the info.
Terry
guni-kid
Visit this Community
Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
KitMaker: 521 posts
Armorama: 514 posts
Posted: Friday, May 01, 2015 - 02:03 AM UTC
You can always check on www.panzershop.cz

Navigate in the left frame of the website to'Panzershop' - 'In Progress' and scroll down a bit... they announced the ATS-59 for 2015/2016. But it can also take a while longer (I just remember that they postponed the BAT-2 several times until it finally aired) They also announce an ATS-59G... so let's all hope for the best here
 _GOTOTOP