_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum: Cold War Soviet Armor
For discussions related to cold war era Russo-Soviet armor.
Trumpeter T-64BV turret ERA question
jwest21
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 3,374 posts
Armorama: 3,126 posts
Posted: Friday, May 01, 2015 - 05:30 AM UTC
Another question about the Trump T-64BV. Step 13 looks to have you drill out multiple holes to attach the ERA blocks (it only specifically points to one hole on either side, but the other holes appeared shaded). The ERA blocks look to stand proud of the turret. for those of you who built it, did you drill all the way through or just a little? It looks if you drill all the way through, the ERA will end up flush with the turret. Thanks.
Jacques
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
KitMaker: 4,630 posts
Armorama: 4,498 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 03, 2015 - 08:24 AM UTC
It may be best to drill all the way through, so you can push the ERA in as far as you think it should go. You can do the shallow draft holes, but you may need to give them more depth. I think it really is builders choice.
jwest21
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 3,374 posts
Armorama: 3,126 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 03, 2015 - 09:33 PM UTC

Quoted Text

It may be best to drill all the way through, so you can push the ERA in as far as you think it should go. You can do the shallow draft holes, but you may need to give them more depth. I think it really is builders choice.

Thanks. The instructions were vague, but I did manage to get some walkarounds of the turret that gave me a good idea about how far they should stick out. At first I was thinking that all the bricks were flush to the turret, but I now see they aren't/
 _GOTOTOP