_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Axis - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Axis forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Panzer Tracts 7-1 Dicker Max
novaee04
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 116 posts
Armorama: 6 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 05, 2015 - 02:56 AM UTC
Anyone have this? Are there any photos of the interior and engine bay of the vehicle in it? I hate to spend $25 to get the same material i have already found online, but if i know it is worth it, i might cough it up. Feel free to PM me.

Thanks

Sean
firstcircle
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,249 posts
Armorama: 2,007 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 05, 2015 - 04:00 AM UTC
Yeah, I have it. When you say interior, not totally sure which bit you mean, but anyway, there is a big and very clear full page photo of the interior of the gun shield, breech, sights, around where those two seats are either side of the gun. There's another, less clear, of the right side of the compartment of the ammo racks. There a little view of the interior, but mostly that same area again, in a photo of the rear of the vehicle. There's a fairly basic side plan, and several very clear exterior shots taken in factory lighting, so much clearer then the usual operational photos that I found on the web. It is not great it has to be said, and it only covers 14 of the 72 pages; there just isn't a lot of material around on this vehicle, there were only two of them, and both were destroyed.

Sorry, to clarify, no engine bay shots, no. It's a PzKpfw IV though obviously...
novaee04
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 116 posts
Armorama: 6 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 05, 2015 - 04:07 AM UTC
Thank you for the info. It was based on a panzer IV, but from what i have read, it had a Panzer II engine in it. Not sure why. I want to model a destroyed vehicle, and i want to be as accurate as possible, but i have yet to turn anything up on the engine compartment, and the vehicle i want to model clearly has the side opened up displaying the compartment, but nothing is visible.

Thanks
firstcircle
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,249 posts
Armorama: 2,007 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 05, 2015 - 06:24 PM UTC
Sean, yes, that detail had escaped me... Can only assume it was to save weight and possibly space, since the chassis was over taxed by the overall weight. Although we can never say never, I would imagine if you've collected all the photos you can find on internet then that's quite probably all there is in existence. There are a number of photos of the destroyed vehicle. Maybe it would be worth looking into the layout of the Wespe engine compartment, since the overall layout of the vehicle is similar, presumably with that same engine; that might give you some ideas.
 _GOTOTOP