_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
Meng Vending Machines and Dustbin ( Dumpster)
andrewwjohnson
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 11 posts
Armorama: 11 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 09, 2015 - 03:13 AM UTC
The kit contains two 1/35th scale modern vending machines and a dust bin or dumpster if yo prefer. This set could easily fit into dioramas set in a modern urban or rural area.

Given copyright considerations it isn't surprising the vending machines come with decal for the apparently fictional Tropical soft drink company. None the less the decals go on easily and look convincing. The most complex of the two machines a clear door and five shelves with with double rows of molded together clear bottles for four of them. Two rows of thin white cans are molded for the top shelf I'm guessing are energy drinks. I painted the bottles for two of the shelves slightly thinned dark brown paint (cola and root beer), another for one shelf clear blue (fancy water) and another set of bottles clear green (7 Up or Mountain Dew?). The cans on the top are (Red Bull) black with a silver top. There aren't any labels for the bottles you might want to paint something on the side with a fine point brush. Since it is a fictional soft drink company you can paint the outside any color contrasting with the white decals.

The simpler smaller vending machine, designed to dispense cans, is made of two parts; the body, bottom and front. There is a Tropical decal for the front.

The dust bin is square with four castor wheels and a one piece led.

grimmo
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 752 posts
Armorama: 569 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 09, 2015 - 02:07 PM UTC
any pics?
kubisz
Visit this Community
Wojewodztwo Slaskie, Poland
KitMaker: 978 posts
Armorama: 977 posts