_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
REVIEW
A13 Cruiser Tank
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 10,954 posts
Armorama: 8,571 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 13, 2015 - 01:15 AM UTC
Darren Baker takes a look at the Model Centrum Publications title ''British Cruiser Tank A13 Mk 1 and 2'' as part of their Armour Photo History series of titles thanks to Casemate Publishing.

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
jfeenstra
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 342 posts
Armorama: 342 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 13, 2015 - 03:23 AM UTC
What do you mean with regards to this being a re-release? This is a brand new title in the PhotoHistory series. And I don't believe that Progres has ever published an A13 title in any of their series. As well, walk arounds are part of the PhotoGallery series of books whereas this book is in the PhotoHistory series; anyone buying this book should not expect a walk around. The contents of each series is clearly described on Progres's website.
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 10,954 posts
Armorama: 8,571 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 13, 2015 - 03:27 AM UTC
I got the impression that the expanded format meant this was an improved release, but if you say it is a new title verbatim then that is good enough for me.
Bob
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 10 posts
Armorama: 3 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 19, 2015 - 08:31 AM UTC
I have some 50 of my private photos in this book as well as every known British archive photo, this is new original research by Peter Brown and not cheap rehash of old myths. The color plates alone are thee most accurate you will ever see all based on actual photographs. Furthermore there is no such thing as an A13 Mk III, The Bovington example is a Mk I with some sort of skirt armor added to the turret. These days the Tank Museum are not allowing the exhibits to be freely photographed and a walk around of an odd up armored Mk I that was never used in battle might be counter productive. The nomenclature of British tanks was changed in the summer of 1940 from A13 Mk I, MkII and Mk IIa to Cruiser Mk III, Mk IV & Mk IVA. In essence it is one or the other, either an A13 Mk I or a Cruiser Mk III but never A13 Mk III.
 _GOTOTOP