_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum
Russian or Soviet vehicles/armor modeling forum.
Russians / Pro-Russians
barra733
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 282 posts
Armorama: 255 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 14, 2015 - 11:55 AM UTC
I've just ordered the new 'Tank' Novorussian set and have a question:

Notwithstanding the fact that there's 'no Russians in he Ukraine'... is there any evidence of Russian troops and Pro-Russian rebels working together? I'd like to add some modern Russian figures 'mentoring' the Novorussians - is this feasible?

Not meant to start any deep political arguments - just a modelling question.
Bizarre
Visit this Community
Akershus, Norway
KitMaker: 1,709 posts
Armorama: 1,581 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 14, 2015 - 03:11 PM UTC
So far no evidence.
lentorpe
Visit this Community
Alava, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 104 posts
Armorama: 63 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 14, 2015 - 03:40 PM UTC
Right the other day it was published that the successor of the murdered Russian politician Boris Nemtsov had released the report on which he had been working, and that this file details the names of hundreds of Russian soldiers killed on the conflict, including more than eighty who fell during the seizing of Debaltsevo after the cease fire agreement.

If you mean "graphic" evidence of Russian soldiers in Russian uniforms with Russian little flags on their shoulders and Russian insignia on their tanks, I think there will never be such an evidence.
Bizarre
Visit this Community
Akershus, Norway
Posted: Thursday, May 14, 2015 - 04:01 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Right the other day it was published that the successor of the murdered Russian politician Boris Nemtsov had released the report on which he had been working, and that this file details the names of hundreds of Russian soldiers killed on the conflict, including more than eighty who fell during the seizing of Debaltsevo after the cease fire agreement.

and the report was based on Ukrainian mass media and rumors without any evidence that this actually happen. Nemtsov is a long term liar.

Seriously, there are hundreds of people from Russia that are supporting the separatists side. Most of them are former soldiers like Motorola that leads one of the batallions but they are not soldiers of Russian army.

The only evidence so far was 1 BMD a year ago that was captured with the crew not during the fight and the crew was returned to Russia after some diplomatic moves...
Bizarre
Visit this Community
Akershus, Norway
Posted: Thursday, May 14, 2015 - 04:03 PM UTC
at the same time you can see pics with Russian flags on uniform because they took that uniform from Russia. Similarly to people with German or other flags on uniform on Ukrainian side because they got the gear from volunteers that bought it from Europe or US.

If you have time and desire to see thousands of images from conflict (constantly updated) go here https://www.facebook.com/slava.trudu/photos_albums
todorovicandreas
Visit this Community
Austria
KitMaker: 608 posts
Armorama: 593 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 14, 2015 - 05:07 PM UTC
Agree with Roman but Im afraid this topic soon will start a flame war.

Best wishes,
Andreas
M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 4,403 posts
Armorama: 4,078 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 14, 2015 - 05:20 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Best wishes,
Andreas

I question anything that the Putin-ists say...
amoz02t
Visit this Community
Kentucky, United States
KitMaker: 1,383 posts
Armorama: 1,281 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 14, 2015 - 06:03 PM UTC
Seems like the New Russia figures are in the summer 2014 camo uniforms? Are these not different from the Spring digital that was seen in the Crimea earlier? Would the use of the uniforms and troop overlap? Just appears like these newer most recent TANK figures are later in the conflict when the shooting really started up in the Summer? I think the VICE internet news series from the Spring 2014 shows a lot of "Little Green Men" watching pro Russian civilians, Cossacks, and rebel types outside of Ukrainian bases. Seems like the Russian soldiers there were just trying to disarm folks and keep things calm. I have a lot of questions on timing of these new figures. Wonder if Yaroslav and TANK would share the reference photos they used to model each pose?
wojtek1980
Visit this Community
Warszawa, Poland
KitMaker: 29 posts
Armorama: 25 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 14, 2015 - 06:04 PM UTC
Well, there was this interview in Novaya Gazeta with a Russian conscript that was seriously injured near Donetsk in a tank battle. English version in The Guardian: http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/mar/25/russia-ukraine-soldier
Removed by original poster on 05/15/15 - 14:11:50 (GMT).
Youngun
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 587 posts
Armorama: 550 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 14, 2015 - 07:12 PM UTC

Quoted Text

So far no evidence.

Just like there were no Russian troops in Crimea..Oh wait
todorovicandreas
Visit this Community
Austria
Posted: Friday, May 15, 2015 - 05:13 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Best wishes,
Andreas

I question anything that the Putin-ists say...

What a professional and objective comment. Contributes a lot to the topic.

Thanks,
Andreas
todorovicandreas
Visit this Community
Austria
Posted: Friday, May 15, 2015 - 05:15 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

So far no evidence.

Just like there were no Russian troops in Crimea..Oh wait

Same goes for english speaking "ukrainian soldiers"..., oh wait

Best regards,
Andreas
jphillips
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 1,066 posts
Armorama: 789 posts
Posted: Friday, May 15, 2015 - 09:22 AM UTC
Those "Tank" miniatures are as nice as any I've ever seen. We've sure come a long way since the early days when there was really only one company producing figures. Competition drives quality, clearly. I hope they'll expand their line to include soldiers from other current conflicts.
arpikaszabo
Visit this Community
Praha, Czech Republic
KitMaker: 674 posts
Armorama: 637 posts
Posted: Friday, May 15, 2015 - 11:26 AM UTC
In all honesty, expect the main question of Ian answered in 30-50 years. This seems to be the cool-off time, after these often embarassing things (another example that comes to my mind is the death of Gagarin, the anthrax spill or the little shooting incident in the woods) get answered by the official Russian channels. Until then it is just pointless speculation or mindless mud-slinging, of which both sides in the conflict are guilty.
David1988
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 91 posts
Armorama: 91 posts
Posted: Friday, May 15, 2015 - 12:47 PM UTC
It strikes me that, if the original poster wanted to use the Tank figures to represent DNR/LNR militiamen, he could possibly do that. This is because certain uniform items like the Gorka suit can be purchased from army surplus and can therefore be seen in some coverage being used by militiamen.

However, he might need to replace the firearms as some of these might be more modern than what is used by any faction involved i.e. the Armed Forces of Ukraine / DNR / LNR.
Jacques
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
KitMaker: 4,630 posts
Armorama: 4,498 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 17, 2015 - 08:38 AM UTC
1. Keep it civil here. No flame wars or I axe it. Just a friendly reminder. We are all enjoying the modeling, not the war.

2. There are no "official" Russian observers or advisors. However, there are plenty of "on vacation" supporters, supporters from other countries, and general mercenaries. How many are patriots and how many are just hired guns will not be known for a LONG time and it is only pointed out so that the breadth and depth of the topic is understood.

3. All of the "aid" going in, and surplus equipment being bought, means that you will find a LOT of stuff on both sides. I would advise that if you want to put a soldier in Russian uniform on the Novo-Russian side, do it. This is about you being able to enjoy your build. If you want accuracy, I am afraid it may take the 30-50 years mentioned above to get it...
 _GOTOTOP