_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
Der Skatspieler WIP
deerstalker36
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 232 posts
Armorama: 218 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 23, 2015 - 01:38 PM UTC
Hi All,

in the middle of a project, depicting a Flakpanzer 38t crew taking a small break in the fighting to catch upon their card game, located outside a garage 'somewhere' in Poland

There's still plenty of work to do, laying the cobblestones is themost tedious
and still not happy with the black uniforms

any feedback ismost welcome
kurnuy
Visit this Community
West-Vlaaderen, Belgium
KitMaker: 1,491 posts
Armorama: 997 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 06, 2015 - 03:05 PM UTC
Hi Colin ,

nice idea about the scene and the flakpanzer is a nice build too.
I guess you've made the house yourself so big respect from me.

The cobblestones are looking good too and yes you're right about the black color of the uniforms . They are to black ,to monotone. I'm not a figure painter myself but i suggest that you apply a few dry brushes with a mix of black and a little bit white paint so that the overall color is less dark black. After drying apply some matt varnish (Revell number 2) and you will see a whole difference because in my opinion the uniforms are a tad glossy.

Good luck !

Kurt
deerstalker36
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 232 posts
Armorama: 218 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 06, 2015 - 04:39 PM UTC
Cheers for the feedback Kurt,

i've looked at some of the tutorials and added either the blue or flesh to the black base then gradually adding more highlight but still seem to dark to me, nothing like the tutorial haha

i'll try some drybrushing. the gloss i dont know where it came from as the paints i was using were matt, unless i didnt mix enough.

the building is scratch built, flat plastic sheet scribed with the bricks.

Cheers for the feedback
Stickframe
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,661 posts
Armorama: 1,202 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 07, 2015 - 01:18 AM UTC
Hi Colin -

Nice build! And cheers to you for winning the "tedious project of the week" prize for your herring bone pavement pattern - nice! I'm not a uniform expert, but, I've become better - there are several on the forum doing remarkable work - and most describe in words and photos how they've done it - like you, have had mixed results following tutorials...I look at many of them anyway! Haha

Keep posting, and cheers,

Nick

_GOTOTOP