_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
Front 46 - New range of figures
HermannB
Visit this Community
Bayern, Germany
KitMaker: 4,099 posts
Armorama: 4,067 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 24, 2015 - 01:01 AM UTC
Hi Gang,
Sockelshop of Germany released a new range of What-if/"Paper Soldiers" figures for the many released paper panzers.
http://www.dersockelshop.de/l.s.a.-wanze-schwabenland-army-1-35_maim-brmodern-armies-in-miniatures_maim35292.html
H.-H.
Trisaw
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 4,105 posts
Armorama: 2,492 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 24, 2015 - 04:57 AM UTC
Now this is interesting, but what do you mean by "Paper soldiers" for the "Paper Panzers?" These are resin figures, not cardboard, correct?
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
Armorama: 13,742 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 24, 2015 - 07:07 AM UTC
Paper Panzers are what fictional tanks that were only seen on paper, as in drawings, are called. They were never actually made. Such as the Maus and other fictional tanks. The same for the figures. They are not of actual soldiers, but what soldiers may have looked like if the war had continued and the Paper Panzers were actual.
tybugg
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 79 posts
Armorama: 53 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 24, 2015 - 07:27 AM UTC
1946 or 2046? They look pretty high tech. I like them, though.
HermannB
Visit this Community
Bayern, Germany
Posted: Sunday, May 24, 2015 - 09:58 AM UTC
I guess they can be used with the Kampfläufer from Paolo Parentes Dust games. The rifle of one soldier in fact has a certain resemblance with the cancelled G11 rifle of the Bundeswehr. Also interesting is the reference to Neu-Schwabenland, the planned Nazi colony on the Antarktic continent. A little weird but cool.
H.-H.
padawan_82
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 817 posts
Armorama: 555 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 24, 2015 - 12:59 PM UTC
Looks like a cross between oblivion and edge of tomorrow is that an exo suit he's wearing? Pretty high tech for 1946 an interesting figure range to be sure but i suppose the figure could be modified for other what if scenarios as well not just a front 46 scenario.
HermannB
Visit this Community
Bayern, Germany
Posted: Sunday, May 24, 2015 - 02:52 PM UTC
Hi Gang,
did a quick search on the Neu-Schwabenland thing. As a proven fact, Nazi Germany send an expedtion to Antarktica in 1937-38. The used a vessel called MS Schwabenland. The territory discovered and explored was called "Neu-Schwabenland" or New Swabia. After the War, conspiracy theories popped up about a ultra secret Nazi base down there where Nazi`s build and tested Flugscheiben (Flying Disks or U.F.O.) and hid high ranking functionaries and even Hitler. Anyway the figure are an interesting approach for these who want to build some alternate Post War/SciFi stuff.
Karl187
Visit this Community
Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,094 posts
Armorama: 2,942 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 24, 2015 - 03:13 PM UTC
Thanks for letting us know about these Hans.
Biggles2
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 7,600 posts
Armorama: 6,110 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 24, 2015 - 07:25 PM UTC

Quoted Text

They were never actually made. Such as the Maus and other fictional tanks.

At least two Maus were actually built. Figures are a good start for sci-fi - "Nazis from the Future!"
terminators
Visit this Community
France
KitMaker: 1,932 posts
Armorama: 1,907 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 24, 2015 - 09:13 PM UTC
original subject,

strange guns and exoskeleton, very cool !
Trisaw
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, May 24, 2015 - 10:17 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Paper Panzers are what fictional tanks that were only seen on paper, as in drawings, are called. They were never actually made. Such as the Maus and other fictional tanks. The same for the figures. They are not of actual soldiers, but what soldiers may have looked like if the war had continued and the Paper Panzers were actual.

Thanks, Gino. For anyone wanting more futuristic Sci-Fi, check out the MAIM Cyborg and Robot Sniper.

https://armorama.kitmaker.net/forums/235472
M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 4,403 posts
Armorama: 4,078 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 24, 2015 - 11:44 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

They were never actually made. Such as the Maus and other fictional tanks.

At least two Maus were actually built. Figures are a good start for sci-fi - "Nazis from the Future!"

But never completed with actual working turrets containing armament, optics, etc..... Anyway, a well-placed "Willy Pete" (White Phosphorus) Round into the Turret Race could have quickly burned through the various rubber seals in that area and turned the interior of one of those basically worthless things into a RAGING INFERNO, incinerating the crew, and cooking-off the ammunition, just like M4 crews used to do to kill Tigers, Panthers, and... Pz.IVs...

My Uncle Ludwig, (now deceased) who was a loader aboard Pz.Kpfw.IVs told me personally that the greatest fear that German Panzer crews had was to be caught out in the open with US/Allied "JABOs" about, or having a Sherman crew put a "Willy Pete" Round (US terminology) into a "shot-trap", or a Turret Race, or in another vulnerable place where the uncontrollable white phosphorus fires could enter the Fighting Compartment, or the Engine Bay.

Onkel Ludwig was my Mom's Uncle. Her side of the family came from Schwennigen, not far from Augsburg. Her Dad worked at MAN- U-Boot Diesel-Motor Division. he was a Tool & Die-Maker... My Dad, a Ukrainian, was a Polish Army POW, who did some time at the HERMANN GOERING WERKE. He was lucky enough, by some really convoluted twists of fate, to be sent to work on German farms, where kind-hearted German farmers took pity on him, and kept him from starving... Much of German manhood at the time was in military service, and SOMEONE HAD TO KEEP THE FARMS OPERATING.

My Dad was liberated by US Troops in April, 1945... I shudder to think what MIGHT have happened to him if World War II had continued into 1946...
Biggles2
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
Posted: Monday, May 25, 2015 - 08:33 PM UTC
Hmmm...looks pretty functional from here! http://www.militaryfactory.com/armor/imgs/panzer-8-pzkpfw-viii-maus.jpg
I don't think it would have been possible to hit the turret race because of the great height of the vehicle. Maybe if you were on a hill looking down...
landshark4
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 103 posts
Armorama: 88 posts
Posted: Monday, May 25, 2015 - 09:27 PM UTC
The figure is way too futurized. There's no logical progression of equipment from when the war would have had a turning point to that figure if it's supposed to be 1946ish.
Biggles2
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
Posted: Tuesday, May 26, 2015 - 07:57 PM UTC

Quoted Text

The figure is way too futurized. There's no logical progression of equipment from when the war would have had a turning point to that figure if it's supposed to be 1946ish.

Maybe they're "Hydra" troops!
srmalloy
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 336 posts
Armorama: 298 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 26, 2015 - 10:36 PM UTC
[quote]Hmmm...looks pretty functional from here! http://www.militaryfactory.com/armor/imgs/panzer-8-pzkpfw-viii-maus.jpg/quote]

If I'm remembering the history correctly, that's a picture of the cobbled-together Maus the Russians took back to eventually put into the Kubinka museum. It was assembled from the second Maus hull, which never had a turret built for it, and the turret that was built for the first hull but hadn't been put on its hull before the hull was destroyed.
HermannB
Visit this Community
Bayern, Germany
Posted: Wednesday, May 27, 2015 - 01:30 AM UTC
Hi Gang,
to avoid confusion, we should go a differnt way on Front 46.
A quick google search:
https://www.google.de/search?q=neuschwabenland&biw=1440&bih=714&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=lydmVauBNsjaUaWYgfgO&ved=0CCwQsAQ
More like a Sci-Fi scenario with flying saucers over Antarctica and Starship Troopers ( I mean the book, not the movie) like Neo Wehrmacht. Maybe Neuschwabenland could also house a production facility for Ratte Superheavy tanks .
H.-H.
Biggles2
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
Posted: Wednesday, May 27, 2015 - 02:34 AM UTC

Quoted Text

If I'm remembering the history correctly, that's a picture of the cobbled-together Maus the Russians took back to eventually put into the Kubinka museum. It was assembled from the second Maus hull, which never had a turret built for it, and the turret that was built for the first hull but hadn't been put on its hull before the hull was destroyed.

You're right about the cobbling. That's the turret of V2 placed onto the hull of V1 (nothing to do with V1 and V2 rockets!) by the Russians. Maus V2 was originally the completed tank and was ordered to protect the OKW headquarters at Zossen, near Berlin. Maus V2 broke down near the Maybach 1 bunker near the Hindenburgplatz and was self-destroyed. The turret was blown off, but remained basically intact. The hull of V1 was still serviceable, so the Russians put V2 turret on V1 hull and played with it for a while, until they put it in their museum at Kubinka.
Biggles2
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
Posted: Wednesday, May 27, 2015 - 02:49 AM UTC
Sci-Fi?? The Nazi's also had a device called the "Bell" which enabled time-travel, and communication with aliens. The "Bell" was secretly captured by the Americans and hidden at Area 51, where it was studied, and alien technology was learned. True!!
iowabrit
Visit this Community
Iowa, United States
KitMaker: 585 posts
Armorama: 557 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 27, 2015 - 05:37 AM UTC
And of course they colonized the far side of the moon by using V2's with sealed and pressurized VW campers strapped to them as a means of getting there. Anyone who thinks Iron Sky was a fictional movie doesn't realise it was actually a Nat Geo documentary.
Biggles2
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
Posted: Wednesday, May 27, 2015 - 07:57 PM UTC
And the VW camper van became the first "VW Mini-Moon Bus"!
Trisaw
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, October 11, 2015 - 04:05 AM UTC
Anyone bought any of the MAIM Front46 figures or mechs and could comment?

While not my technology era, I admit that the figures and kits look very good in the bare resin photos and videos I saw on MAIM's Facebook page.
JPTRR
Staff MemberManaging Editor
RAILROAD MODELING
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 7,772 posts
Armorama: 2,447 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 11, 2015 - 06:28 AM UTC
Iron Sky Documentary
Biggles2
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
Posted: Sunday, October 11, 2015 - 08:16 PM UTC
Hmmmm...an updated "Pellucidar" from Edgar Rice Burroughs.
 _GOTOTOP