_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
REVIEW
Man Down! US Modern Army
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 10,954 posts
Armorama: 8,571 posts
Posted: Monday, May 25, 2015 - 03:50 AM UTC
Darren Baker takes a look at the Man Down! US Modern Army, Middle East, Present Day figure offering from Master Box in 1/35th scale.

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
Armorama: 13,742 posts
Posted: Monday, May 25, 2015 - 04:28 AM UTC
This is a very nice set. The helmets are the correct MICH style and the uniforms are UCU pattern ACUs, so yes, from '08 - present is the right time frame for them. I don't think the SCAR is widely used among regular Army Soldiers though. I will be swapping it out for another M4.
18Bravo
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 7,219 posts
Armorama: 6,097 posts
Posted: Monday, May 25, 2015 - 07:01 AM UTC
A SCAR, and unbloused boots. Looks like an SF diorama waiting to happen. (We had SCARs several years ago, although the buttstocks were prone to breakage on the first ones)
SF wore the Marine Corps Modular Tactical Vest back then, but just paint khaki and roll with it if you want to do SF figures.
Here's a potential problem I see with this very nice figure set: By 2008, T triple C was being taught in place of Combat Lifesaver. (ib SF at any rate, who knows what Big Army was doing?) Of course that means suppressing the threat is the first order of business, not dragging your buddy, (who in this case appears to be conscious and able to render self aid) to safety, thus taking two guns out of the gunfight. Not a game stopper, just something to be cognizant of if you're using them in a dio. If there are still troops actively engaging targets then you'll still be in the fight yourself.
As for the driver getting out. well... There are numerous situations where it is tactically okay. But in the case, why not have him drive the hot side of the vehicle between the enemy and the wounded soldier Just thinking out loud.
RECON22
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 665 posts
Armorama: 652 posts
Posted: Monday, May 25, 2015 - 03:28 PM UTC
.50 cal gunner is suppressing, team leader/ section commander is calling contact in, patrol medic extracting casualty....
Epi
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 3,586 posts
Armorama: 2,556 posts
Posted: Monday, May 25, 2015 - 06:31 PM UTC
They should have made it a 5 figure set and included a driver.
USRanger
Visit this Community
Vietnam
KitMaker: 107 posts
Armorama: 107 posts
Posted: Monday, May 25, 2015 - 07:56 PM UTC
@Darren: Yeah the pictures that you showed are stunning but I dont know what is happening when I check Masterbox page http://www.mbltd.info/35170.htm
there a lot of wrong details (MICH, Guns and uniforms)
did they fix this kit? @@" Going to buy one....I dont want to buy this old kit :V
Foxtrot1
Visit this Community
Gauteng, South Africa
KitMaker: 234 posts
Armorama: 200 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 26, 2015 - 12:28 PM UTC
Seems to me the poses would be correct if the WIA had been hit by a sniper. I agree with Recon22's comment. Nice looking kit, although I agree that the SCAR is out of place. Thankfully we have Live Resin. I think this kit would work nice with Academy's M1151.
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 10,954 posts
Armorama: 8,571 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 26, 2015 - 02:50 PM UTC

Quoted Text

@Darren: Yeah the pictures that you showed are stunning but I dont know what is happening when I check Masterbox page http://www.mbltd.info/35170.htm
did they fix this kit? @@" Going to buy one....I dont want to buy this old kit :V

To the best of my knowledge this is the only offering of this set.
SgtRam
Staff MemberContributing Writer
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 3,971 posts
Armorama: 2,859 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 26, 2015 - 05:05 PM UTC
This looks like a great set of figures for a diorama using a MRAP or MATV. Might have to get this set.

HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
Armorama: 13,742 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 26, 2015 - 05:58 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

To the best of my knowledge this is the only offering of this set.

The pics on the Master Box site are in-progress shots. Luckily, they corrected the crappy, out of date weapons and old helmets in the final product. It is definitely a great set in final form.
Foxtrot1
Visit this Community
Gauteng, South Africa
KitMaker: 234 posts
Armorama: 200 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 26, 2015 - 06:41 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Luckily, they corrected the crappy, out of date weapons and old helmets in the final product

Yeah, saw those pictures. Would love to know who thought it would be a good idea to equip the one soldier with a Galil/R4.....
 _GOTOTOP