_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Modern - USA
Modern Armor, AFVs, and Support vehicles.
Hosted by Darren Baker
M1A1 Mine Plow Details - stowed for carriage
cabasner
Visit this Community
Nevada, United States
KitMaker: 1,083 posts
Armorama: 1,014 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 27, 2015 - 08:03 AM UTC
Hi All,

More of my myriad questions about the M1A1. This time, I wonder if anyone has any detail drawings or photos of the M1A1 Mine Plow that was used during OIF that shows the details of the plow when it is being carried off the ground and the 'wings' are stowed. I have drawings of what the plow looks like with all 4 'petals' of the plow on each side are 'up' and mounted to be 'in use'. I also have photos of the 'main upper petal' folded down over/on top of the 'lower main petal', the part that is connected to the 'tangs' of the plow. What I do not know, definitively, is exactly how the two 'outer petals', upper and lower, are mounted and tied/bolted down when being carried and not in use. I know I'm using goofy terminology, but I hope I'm getting the point across. There are some pictures of those outer petals sitting on the plow, but I get the impression that they are literally just sitting there, without being bolted down or otherwise firmly attached. Does anyone have clear, obvious images, photos best, or even the mine plow manual, on how all those pieces are to be mounted when the plow is folded and not in use, but being carried by the tank so that the plow could be put into use at any time?

I hope I've not totally confused any of you knowledgeable folks. I'm working on a tank for the Ft Stewart Thunder Run diorama, and I need to get my tank perfect! I don't have good images of the plow on 'my' tank, so I just need what a 'standard' plow looks like when in that configuration. HELP, PLEASE!
Frenchy
Visit this Community
Rhone, France
KitMaker: 12,719 posts
Armorama: 12,507 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 27, 2015 - 10:39 AM UTC
Hi Curt

I guess you got these already...

H.P.
amoz02t
Visit this Community
Kentucky, United States
KitMaker: 1,383 posts
Armorama: 1,281 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 27, 2015 - 10:49 AM UTC
...and assume you've already looked at the Prime Portal plow photos? May not be applicable as this M1A2 is damaged as well.

http://data3.primeportal.net/tanks/brent_sauer/m1a2/images/m1a2_16_of_33.jpg
Best of luck. The Ft Stewart Thunder Run diorama is gonna be awesome!
Epi
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 3,586 posts
Armorama: 2,556 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 27, 2015 - 04:57 PM UTC
Curt,
Did I happen to send you the manual pages for the plow via our TR Facebook page. If not, PM on Facebook and I will send you what you need.
cabasner
Visit this Community
Nevada, United States
KitMaker: 1,083 posts
Armorama: 1,014 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 27, 2015 - 05:36 PM UTC
Thank you guys. I have similar images, but these particular ones are new to me. Pete, I have not seen the manual. Will pm you over on FB. Many thanks! I REALLY want to do my best on this tank. It is going to be the tank "Answer To This", commanded by Lt. Ball during the TR. Never having been military, I want to do my tiny part to honor these guys!!!!
Epi
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 3,586 posts
Armorama: 2,556 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 27, 2015 - 05:44 PM UTC
Curt,
I uploaded all the manual pictures to our Facebook page. If you need any help, just PM me.
 _GOTOTOP