_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: British Armor
Discuss all types of British Armor of all eras.
Hosted by Darren Baker
In-progress pics Academy M-10
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
Armorama: 9,486 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 18, 2004 - 06:25 AM UTC
I have posted these pics for advice... Do I need to re-do the sand-bagging on the front glacis or not?. All comments welcome....Jim

By the way, the ketchup bottle is OOB...Jim #:-)
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 18, 2004 - 06:47 AM UTC
The M10 is looking great Jim. Those rounds on the inside will attract the viewer to look in and the detail looks great ... pity the pics are a bit dark. The faded OD looks excellent as well.
The sandbags look fine to me but their appearance will improve a lot when you weather them. If you are still unhappy with them, you could throw a camo net over them solves all modelling problems ;-). One thing that looks a little suspect is the bottom row ... there´s nothing holding them there!
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, January 18, 2004 - 06:51 AM UTC
The bags are still actually wet, the netting will be getting added after I paint and weather them. Yeah, the pics are a bit dark, I rushed a bit to take them and process them. That is probably why there is a ketchup bottle there as well....Jim
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 18, 2004 - 07:23 AM UTC
If they are still wet, tie some retaining straps "marks" across them now with some string. If you do this from the lifting lugs to some other points where a rope could be tied, you can add the rope later. Litle detail like this in the bags make them more realistic and gives extra detail to make the painting work!

Quoted Text

By the way, the ketchup bottle is OOB

Is this part of the "toy soldier" diorama pack? #:-)
MrRoo
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 3,856 posts
Armorama: 2,984 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 18, 2004 - 08:20 AM UTC
why was this not posted in RR Jim?

bags look good and will be better once the camo net is over them
WeWillHold
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 2,314 posts
Armorama: 1,905 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 18, 2004 - 11:03 AM UTC
Jim, I like the "lay" of your sandbags. As Frank mentioned, a bar or wood support under the bottom row will look great, plus if they're still wet, try lightly pressing some fine weaved fabric into them. Also a pass with an X-acto knife to simulate the bag seams is a nice touch also. This is a great kit from Academy---good job here.

Steve
ShermiesRule
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 5,409 posts
Armorama: 3,777 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 18, 2004 - 11:06 AM UTC
I agree with the other comments about the bottom row of sandbags. Unless there is some support piece in the shadows that I cannot see you will need to add something there.

Your ketchup bottle is out of scale to the M10
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, January 18, 2004 - 07:42 PM UTC
Later I will be adding a shelf and 'L' shaped brackets on the lower Glacis plate. After painting/weathering I will be adding either netting or 'chicken' wire over the sandbags. After that the stowage will be added. It's going to be a series of in-progress reports as this is NOT a kit which comes into the 'shake and bake' category...Jim

Roo, it was put into the British Armor section. I had thought of putting it into Warship Talk, but the M10 didn't have amphibious capability....Jim
SS-74
Visit this Community
Vatican City
KitMaker: 3,271 posts
Armorama: 2,388 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 18, 2004 - 08:18 PM UTC
Lord Jim,

Very nice (TM). I especially like the shells and the bags. I had used the following technic whilst doing spent shell for my Hornisse whilst I was still modeling armor. Just take a brass shell, and spray light matt black on the tip of the spent shell, low paint flow, low air pressure, so it kinda spit out.... make good looking spent shell casing. maybe you can try a couple too.

Good work.

Mahross
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 837 posts
Armorama: 132 posts
Posted: Monday, January 19, 2004 - 02:54 AM UTC
Jim - Very nice like the look of it. Can't wait to see it finished.
 _GOTOTOP