_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Modern - USA
Modern Armor, AFVs, and Support vehicles.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Fun in the sun
sabreuk
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 79 posts
Armorama: 52 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 03, 2015 - 12:40 AM UTC
hey guys here is the currant project im working on, this is the kinetic version of the international 4x4 mrap. I was a bit slow on the build log photos as I got carried away but found this kit kinda different to what im used to, I found a lot f the parts have the feel of mini art vacu formed pieces over proper molded plastic which did help on the smaller parts which I normaly snap.

I found the detail however very good in places and quite accurate esp on the dash however I feel the rear troop area could of been more detailed.

anyway the name of this thread is a hint at the dio im going to do, im going to use the mrap stuck in a ditch either in Iraq or afghan and im either going to use the chally 2 (Iraq) or a british warrior (afghan) offering help to the stuck mrap in a squaddie banter type of scene so it should be a light hearted dio with banter between us and uk military.

heres the pics of the mrap so far, still got pigments and sand to add in places and a bit of tidying up yet. heres some pics

BEFORE WEATHERING:

OIL WASHES AND SOME WESTHERING:

what do you guys think so far
henkp
Visit this Community
Overijssel, Netherlands
KitMaker: 1,080 posts
Armorama: 1,064 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 03, 2015 - 12:51 AM UTC
nice job well done
sabreuk
Visit this Community