_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
News
Trumpeter: Indian T-90s
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 10,954 posts
Armorama: 8,571 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 07, 2015 - 09:32 PM UTC

Trumpeter has released some images of the box contents of their Indian T-90S Main Battle tank. A look over the images looks promising with a nice amount of photo etch for the fans of fine detail.

Read the Full News Story

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
DriftwoodDan
Visit this Community
Idaho, United States
KitMaker: 23 posts
Armorama: 23 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 07, 2015 - 11:29 PM UTC
I've been interested in picking up one of Trump's T 90s. An Indian tank is kind of intriguing. I don't know much about T 90s, it looks like the only difference between Indian and Russian is the paint scheme? It doesn't look like the kit has any decals.
vahleof
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 189 posts
Armorama: 125 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 07, 2015 - 11:48 PM UTC
this T-90C is a pretty much stripped bared version, doesnt have shtora and some other electronics of the russian T-90A
jphillips
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 1,066 posts
Armorama: 789 posts
Posted: Monday, June 08, 2015 - 01:04 AM UTC
Vehicles of the Indian army have no green, white and orange markings or anything of that sort, but they can be identified by the white numbers on a black background that appear on the front and rear, preceded by an upwards-pointing white arrow. They've been marking their vehicles this way since independence. I have some pics of Indian army Sherman tanks, jeeps and trucks during the Hyderabad War/Operation Polo marked with this arrow-and-numerals combination.
There's never been a kit of any Indian military vehicle before this, as far as I know, although a few kits of Indian aircraft and aftermarket IAF decals are available.
jphillips
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 1,066 posts
Armorama: 789 posts
Posted: Monday, June 08, 2015 - 01:12 AM UTC
If Trumpeter doesn't provide decals for the T-90, it would be easy enough to get a blank white decal sheet and print some. Another modeler has finished this Zvezda T-90 in Indian markings. http://www.scalemodelcarz.com/enter/thread-2620.html
 _GOTOTOP