_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: AA/AT/Artillery
For discussions about artillery and anti-aircraft or anti-tank guns.
Hosted by Darren Baker
KMW AGM
knewton
Visit this Community
New Zealand
KitMaker: 1,217 posts
Armorama: 1,092 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 10, 2015 - 01:52 PM UTC
Hay guys,

I am looking for any scale plans / drawings of the KMW AGM as seen on the back of a Boxer, and Leopard. It looks buildable with the right information, and I have a spare Leo hull and a 155mm L52 barrel.

Do you know where I may find this information, please? I emailed KMW, and only received an auto reply.

thank you,

Kylie
HermannB
Visit this Community
Bayern, Germany
KitMaker: 4,099 posts
Armorama: 4,067 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 11, 2015 - 11:32 AM UTC
I hardly believe that there will be any public reference on the AGM. It`s only a demonstrator and as such only accessible for the military. I have my own experiences with KMW and they consider a modeller as a VERY low lifeform
The only possibility is going to EUROSATORY show next year and trying to take pictures and MAYBE some basic measurements of the turret.
H.-H.
knewton
Visit this Community
New Zealand
Posted: Friday, June 12, 2015 - 02:02 AM UTC
Well, frankly, that's just rude. Do you think it's because the president of KMW got a bad review on a kit once?

thank you for letting me know,

Kylie
bison126
Visit this Community
Correze, France
KitMaker: 5,329 posts
Armorama: 5,204 posts
Posted: Friday, June 12, 2015 - 05:05 PM UTC

Quoted Text

The only possibility is going to EUROSATORY show next year and trying to take pictures and MAYBE some basic measurements of the turret.
H.-H.

While you'll be able to take pictures from afar, don't expect the security staff let you take measurements. Last time I went at Eurosatory, the only company which asked me not to take close pictures was KMW. So I stepped back and use my zoom

If I'm correct the AGM turret is the one fitted to the Donar. I made some pictures of the one displayed at Euro 2010. Have a look at my site.
knewton
Visit this Community
New Zealand
Posted: Saturday, June 13, 2015 - 01:50 PM UTC
Wow, great site, Olivier, thanks for that. I did get lost a bit there, and didn't make it to Euro 2010. Found too much other stuff to look at.

May consign this one to the back burner, "what may have been", pending further information.

cheers,

Kylie
bison126
Visit this Community
Correze, France
KitMaker: 5,329 posts
Armorama: 5,204 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 13, 2015 - 03:27 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Wow, great site, Olivier, thanks for that. I did get lost a bit there, and didn't make it to Euro 2010. Found too much other stuff to look at.

May consign this one to the back burner, "what may have been", pending further information.

cheers,

Kylie

Sorry Kylie,
to go to Euro, you have to click on the Real Ones tab then select Shows and scroll down to Eurosatory 2010. The Donar is on the page 1 of the show report.
Glad you found the site great.

Olivier
knewton
Visit this Community
New Zealand
Posted: Sunday, June 14, 2015 - 09:30 AM UTC
Yep, found it alright that time. What a great collection of photos, will definitely save those for later.

much obliged

Kylie
 _GOTOTOP