_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum: Cold War Soviet Armor
For discussions related to cold war era Russo-Soviet armor.
BTR 70 paint codes
buckster
Visit this Community
England - West Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 56 posts
Armorama: 47 posts
Posted: Monday, June 15, 2015 - 02:11 AM UTC
Hi world , I,m building a BTR 70 and would appreciate some guidance on paint. Not sure if I,m gonna go straight green or camo but either way if you guys could tell me what to squirt on it I would be grateful.
Thanks and regards
Ian
grunt136mike
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 1,896 posts
Armorama: 1,858 posts
Posted: Monday, June 15, 2015 - 02:35 AM UTC
Hi;

This is kind of A Hard Question to answer, As the 70 can be found in quite A few Different shades of Green. What color does the Instructions say to use, My best answer would be most likely from what Period would you like to depict in your build, are you going for A Soviet Vehicle used in lets say Afganistan, and How you Weather it will alter the color that you use. If you are thinking of A more Modern version then maybe the set offered by MIG may be what you are after. And if you are so inclined you could try and Copy A vehicle on the NET, the examples are Endless.
Also try and Gather as much reference material that you can find such as A Book on the BTRs, I think one of the Better Choices if you want to try A mixed camo, is Soviet Sand Grey, Olive Green and Black. In reality it all comes down to Personal Choice as too which one that You like the Best.

GOOD LUCK; MIKE.
buckster
Visit this Community
England - West Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 56 posts
Armorama: 47 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 16, 2015 - 10:45 PM UTC
Hi Mike and thanks muchly for taking the time to reply I appreciate it mate.
Regards
Ian
 _GOTOTOP