_GOTOBOTTOM
AFV Painting & Weathering
Answers to questions about the right paint scheme or tips for the right effect.
TCP Global Corp / Chicago Airbrush supply
alewar
Visit this Community
Canelones, Uruguay
KitMaker: 773 posts
Armorama: 765 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 16, 2015 - 06:04 AM UTC
Hi

I need an airbrush, I check around and found TCP Global Corporation and Chicago Airbrush supply.

Both with good prices, so, any comments and feedback about this companies?.

Another good one?. TIA

Regards from the south
Alvaro
Robbd01
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 791 posts
Armorama: 344 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 16, 2015 - 06:25 AM UTC
Ordered a few times from Chicago AB - Airbrush, Compressor and pieces parts. No complaints. I usually wait for their holiday specials and I have even given them a few plugs about them on the Kitmaker site. Not sure how they are shipping, support wise outside the US.

Cheers
Thundergrunt
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 657 posts
Armorama: 481 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 16, 2015 - 06:54 AM UTC
Alvaro

I have dealt with, TCP here in San Diego they are a good company and customer service is great.
iowabrit
Visit this Community
Iowa, United States
KitMaker: 585 posts
Armorama: 557 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 16, 2015 - 07:43 AM UTC
I needed some parts for my Iwata. I phoned Chicago Airbrush and they were VERY helpful and shipped them very quickly.... I recommend them.
md72
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 4,950 posts
Armorama: 289 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 16, 2015 - 07:59 AM UTC
I bought an Iwata Neo from them am out a month ago. Very happy wit goods and services.
justsendit
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 3,033 posts
Armorama: 2,492 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 16, 2015 - 10:15 AM UTC
Chicago Airbrush Supply ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ … quick turnaround and excellent customer service!
Alaska
Visit this Community
Maine, United States
KitMaker: 158 posts
Armorama: 112 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 16, 2015 - 10:18 AM UTC
I bought my Sparmax 620x compressor from them. Caught a sale + a 20% coupon deal, good service! I was going to purchase my Iwata HP-CS airbrush from them but found it on Amazon for $98.00 bucks from Japan only took 3 weeks and I saved almost $50.00 dollars. E-bay sometimes has great prices on Iwata airbrushes shipped from Japan also,so make sure you shop around!

Craig..
alewar
Visit this Community
Canelones, Uruguay
KitMaker: 773 posts
Armorama: 765 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 17, 2015 - 12:23 AM UTC
Thanks Robbie,Eugene,Steve,Mark,Mike and Craig for yours comments.

Regards from the south

Alvaro
Chrisk-K
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
KitMaker: 310 posts
Armorama: 294 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 20, 2015 - 07:16 AM UTC
Chicago Airbrush Supply will NOT issue a return even if something's wrong with the purchased airbrush. They'd tell you to deal with the manufacturer.

justsendit
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 3,033 posts
Armorama: 2,492 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 20, 2015 - 08:58 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Chicago Airbrush Supply will NOT issue a return even if something's wrong with the purchased airbrush. They'd tell you to deal with the manufacturer.

My experience has always been very good with them. I even got to speak with a real human when I had questions in the past. I’m sorry that your experience was not a positive one like mine. ... I guess things change ... ???

For the record: I am merely a consumer and I am not affiliated with Chicago Airbrush Supply or any other companies.

Hope you have better luck in the future.

—mike
kapoybana
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 53 posts
Armorama: 49 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 20, 2015 - 09:31 AM UTC
When I replaced my old airbrush and compressor I bought my airbrush ( Badger patriot 105 ) from Micheals craft store with a 50% off coupon , My paints ( Vallejo ) thru Ebay, My Compressor and all related supplies hose, connectors, and Spray Booth. Thru Amazon who got them from TCP Global. Getting Amazon to sell you the TCP Global items might save you some money . The package came direct from TCP Global in about 5 days it was well packed. Do some studying on what kind of connections you will need for your gear I had to ask some questions and TCP Global was very helpful .
DocEvan
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 180 posts
Armorama: 180 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 20, 2015 - 10:01 AM UTC
I've purchased from Chicago and had great service.
pbudzik
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 55 posts
Armorama: 47 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 21, 2015 - 01:11 AM UTC
My "Go-To" airbrush retailers are Coast Airbrush and Chicago Airbrush ... I have had nothing but great service from both.

Paul
Robbd01
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 791 posts
Armorama: 344 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 21, 2015 - 01:13 AM UTC
Chicago AB is having a 15% off sale on a bunch of their stuff for Fathers Day

Cheers
Chrisk-K
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
KitMaker: 310 posts
Armorama: 294 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 21, 2015 - 07:46 AM UTC
Chicago Airbrush Supply (CAS) is great in shipping the stuff fast, replying to questions and offering good prices. But my experience tells me that CAS is less helpful in resolving issues.

Case 1: I bought a H&S Evolution and the trigger was faulty. CAS said, "Here's H&S phone number. We cannot accept it for a return because you opened the box." How can I check the AB without opening the box?

Case 2: I recently bought an Iwata HP-M2 and it didn't come with a nozzle wrench. CAS said, "I opened a new one and it didn't come with a wrench." Hello? An Iwata AB doesn't come with a wrench? CAS didn't offer to resolve the issue. When I told them that an Iwata rep said it should come with a wrench, and asked them to send me a wrench or a complete M2, or issue a return, CAS said, "All M2's we have didn't come with a wrench"(???????...nice try!) and had Iwata to resolve the issue for me.

In both cases, CAS showed no real interest in resolving the issues although the items they sold to me were faulty or incomplete.
11Bravo_C2
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 475 posts
Armorama: 394 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 30, 2015 - 08:08 AM UTC
I totally agree with you. CAS has great customer service up until they make the sale. Beyond that you're on your own.

Quoted Text

Chicago Airbrush Supply (CAS) is great in shipping the stuff fast, replying to questions and offering good prices. But my experience tells me that CAS is less helpful in resolving issues.

Case 1: I bought a H&S Evolution and the trigger was faulty. CAS said, "Here's H&S phone number. We cannot accept it for a return because you opened the box." How can I check the AB without opening the box?

Case 2: I recently bought an Iwata HP-M2 and it didn't come with a nozzle wrench. CAS said, "I opened a new one and it didn't come with a wrench." Hello? An Iwata AB doesn't come with a wrench? CAS didn't offer to resolve the issue. When I told them that an Iwata rep said it should come with a wrench, and asked them to send me a wrench or a complete M2, or issue a return, CAS said, "All M2's we have didn't come with a wrench"(???????...nice try!) and had Iwata to resolve the issue for me.

In both cases, CAS showed no real interest in resolving the issues although the items they sold to me were faulty or incomplete.

_GOTOTOP