_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Axis - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Axis forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
HELP - Late Tiger 1 Turret Interior
SlayerWal
Visit this Community
Australian Capital Territory, Australia
KitMaker: 24 posts
Armorama: 24 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 17, 2015 - 05:40 AM UTC
Hi all,

I have found that it is hard to find much info on Late Tiger 1 interiors (understandable since their aint many around). My 2 prime sources have been David Byrdens Tiger1.info site and Rob Veenendaal's Panzerbasics Saumur Tiger 1 and 2 Photo Disks.

Rob has kindly given me permission to post some of his photo's on this forum so that I might try and find out what particular things are :

This appears to be some form of press switch (for what?) with what seems to be a flippable cover. The external clips would indicate a wire running from the switch but where to after the second clip.

What is this bracket for? It is moveable and connected to the turret ring (not the gun).

What are these outlets for? I assume that there is a wiring (red line) from the main cable (white line).

Thankyou to anyone who can help me identify these.

SlayerWal
Visit this Community
Australian Capital Territory, Australia
KitMaker: 24 posts
Armorama: 24 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 17, 2015 - 09:43 AM UTC
I had an epiphany while contemplating the universe in the meditation cabinet (some people call it the toilet).

Is the bracket part of the gunner's foot pedal control of the turret MG, with a missing rod between floor and the end that appears bent?
Byrden
Visit this Community
Wien, Austria
KitMaker: 2,233 posts
Armorama: 2,221 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 17, 2015 - 12:15 PM UTC
The pushbutton is the backup trigger for firing the gun. It works even when the electrical system is dead and the main switch doesn't work.

The arm is part of the MG trigger. Bovington's Tiger has the complete mechanism.

The electrical outlets I'm not sure of at present. There is of course a connector for the gunner's headphones/microphone.

David
 _GOTOTOP