_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Modern - USA
Modern Armor, AFVs, and Support vehicles.
Hosted by Darren Baker
M1A2 Sep V2 Dragon 1/35
GTDeath13
Visit this Community
Attica, Greece / Ελλάδα
KitMaker: 921 posts
Armorama: 919 posts
Posted: Monday, June 22, 2015 - 11:26 PM UTC
Since the review has been posted, some discussion has followed regarding the Dragon. I am posting this to show my work. Any feedback is appreciated.

Assembly is almost done and I have primed the model. So this is how it looks:

Attention to specific details has been given as follows:

Engine air intake: Two options for the mesh are provided, a single part and a two part mesh. I chose the single part.

If you look at this video, at about the 00:20 timeframe you can notice the single part mesh: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhT28sJJdvA

Hawker batteries option was used, since all of the sep v2 vehicles have these installed:

The NBC unit was installed, after using the side skirt as a guide for placement. If you install it without paying attention to the positioning of the side skirt, you might run into troubles aligning the side skirt parts:

I used the Bronco tracks for my build.

Hub caps were left off for after painting:

Here is a photo of the Duke system, in my opinion it should be about 1~2 mm wider.

I corrected the misplacemet of the backplate at the bustle rack, behind the Duke system:

Remote weapon station:

Front fenders:

Sideskirt detail:

And finally, some Vallejo NATO Green:

Cheers, Nikos
jasperck
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 79 posts
Armorama: 79 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 23, 2015 - 12:38 AM UTC
Nice work. I think it would be easy to correct the size of the Duke antenna using styrene tubing and a little surgery... Thanks for pointing that error out. What color scheme are you going for with this build?
GTDeath13
Visit this Community
Attica, Greece / Ελλάδα
KitMaker: 921 posts
Armorama: 919 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 23, 2015 - 12:45 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Nice work. I think it would be easy to correct the size of the Duke antenna using styrene tubing and a little surgery... Thanks for pointing that error out. What color scheme are you going for with this build?

I noticed the size margin when the assembly was completed and I placed it on the bustle rack. After that I left it as it was.

The tank will be painted in the Nato three color camo with some desert sand details, quite like this one:

_GOTOTOP