_GOTOBOTTOM
AFV Painting & Weathering
Answers to questions about the right paint scheme or tips for the right effect.
Do you use brand's color modulation set?
him_15
Visit this Community
Hong Kong S.A.R. / 繁體
KitMaker: 117 posts
Armorama: 84 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 05, 2015 - 05:05 PM UTC
Dear all, since nowadays many mega brands (such as AV, MIG, GSI,etc) produce color modulations set for various color scheme, I am wondering are you guys keen on using its? Or you would prefer mixing color by yourselves?
edmund
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 668 posts
Armorama: 456 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 05, 2015 - 07:05 PM UTC
You have to try them out yourself , others can recommend and may be good at it but you will be the one who has to do it . There's a ton out there from acrylics to enamels . And even the DVDs to explain . What's do you like to paint with for starters ?
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
KitMaker: 11,610 posts
Armorama: 7,843 posts
Posted: Monday, July 06, 2015 - 03:20 AM UTC
You should be able to achieve the same effect, with paints you already have. Tamiya JGSDF Green and Olive Green work with Olive Drab. Highlight with Olive Green and MM Pale Green. The sets just give you paints you may not have and instructions.
11Bravo_C2
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 475 posts
Armorama: 394 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 07, 2015 - 04:45 AM UTC
I bit the bait on a modulation set from AMMO of Mig.
Let me start by saying the color range is great. The paints brush on good, but if you're a beginner at airbrushing, I cannot recommend these paints.

If you're a seasoned pro with an AB, then you should be able to learn how to use these polyurethane acrylics fairly quick.

You can achieve the same results by mixing, the proper colors, and spraying Tamiya or Gunze, which is what i'm sticking to for AB use..

_GOTOTOP