_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Axis - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Axis forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Tiger II Porsche Turret Command Vehicle??
barleeni
Visit this Community
Napier, New Zealand
KitMaker: 43 posts
Armorama: 43 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 11, 2015 - 07:25 AM UTC
Hi all, I am thinking of attacking a Tiger II Porsche turret as one of my next projects, I have seen plenty of photos of the henschel turret as command vehicles, but I have not seen any Porsche turrets as command vehicles? does anyone know if any reference material exists of a Porsche turret command vehicle? did they even exist? I would assume so as the first 50 tiger II's were all the porsche version?

I loosely understand that all but 2 of those Porsche tanks left the factory with factory applied zimmerit, is this also true?

Thanks in advance for any help or tips!
GeraldOwens
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 3,736 posts
Armorama: 3,697 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 12, 2015 - 04:17 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi all, I am thinking of attacking a Tiger II Porsche turret as one of my next projects, I have seen plenty of photos of the henschel turret as command vehicles, but I have not seen any Porsche turrets as command vehicles? does anyone know if any reference material exists of a Porsche turret command vehicle? did they even exist? I would assume so as the first 50 tiger II's were all the porsche version?

I loosely understand that all but 2 of those Porsche tanks left the factory with factory applied zimmerit, is this also true?

Thanks in advance for any help or tips!

Yes, they all had Zimmerit. I am not aware of any command tanks built on the early turret variant. Command tanks were built on the production turret variant from July, 1944.
Biggles2
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 7,600 posts
Armorama: 6,110 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 12, 2015 - 06:56 PM UTC
Shhhh! If Dragon hears this that will be their next release! Maybe mounting a 50mm gun!
 _GOTOTOP