_GOTOBOTTOM
Site Talk
Site announcements, comments, or feedback about the site.
Great Googlies!!
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 12,571 posts
Armorama: 6,599 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 20, 2004 - 10:23 AM UTC
Wow....Google has for some reason started indexing about 3000 additional pages of Armorama. That means that some posts, reviews, and features are now coming up in their index.

That is great news!! And probably why our web traffic has been surging. Speaking of surging... here is a very funny Dave Barry article. For you non-US folks this guy is hilarious (well to us he is).

Jim
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
Armorama: 903 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 20, 2004 - 10:52 AM UTC
Hi Jim

This is fantastic news! If anything is sure to bring in new members, it's the Big-A showing up on search engine "hits".

My big regret is that it took me so long to find Armorama... and the chief reason was that it didn't come up in searches...

OK, let's bang the drum a bit! How about this for a late New Year Resolution; post a Review (or Preview) of the next kit you buy... if we all do this, just think how many more "hits" we can generate for the site... (and how many more editors will curse my name.... when they get time! )

Get posting!!

Rowan
airwarrior
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 2,085 posts
Armorama: 1,227 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 20, 2004 - 11:03 AM UTC
wow there is some great stuff on there, like, if you type in armorama in the search box, a couple links down is sniper when the site was new :-) he is saying what a great site it is :-) it's dated may 7 2002!

you can find this here
YodaMan
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 1,561 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 20, 2004 - 11:04 AM UTC
Hee hee... searching google for 'YodaMan' brought up two matches on Armorama. One for my profile page, and the other one my gallery.

YM
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,000 posts
Armorama: 2,868 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 20, 2004 - 11:20 AM UTC

Wow!,,,,,,,,,,,,I'm flaberghasted! On a Google search 'Treadhead' is #12 and it shows the few things in my 'Gallery' as well. Apparently the word 'Treadhead' is popular with the mountain biking crowd, especially Yakima. If not, who knows, I might have been #1!!!!
#:-) #:-) #:-) #:-)

Tread.
Merlin
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Tuesday, January 20, 2004 - 11:20 AM UTC
I coudn't resist a search myself

I tried on "special hobby barracuda review"... and we came out 3rd and 4th! (thanks to A-UK as well...) !!

A friend of mine would say "Suck on that, Hyperscale and ModelingMadness... but, of course, I couldn't possibly comment..." (sorry - an English joke there... )

Great news for the site!

Rowan
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,221 posts
Armorama: 1,245 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 20, 2004 - 11:37 AM UTC
Hmmm... I'm not to sure I like this. I did a search for Halfyank and the very first hit, out of about 50, is my gallery along with my smiling face. Hope all my bill collectors can't see this. This is great Jim. At least I'm taking your word it's great. I don't know all about these web traffic things, but you seem to.
Merlin
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Tuesday, January 20, 2004 - 11:49 AM UTC
:-) Rodger, I see what you mean...!

Reviews are one thing... Mugshots!!? ... watch out... there's a crowd of hungry women heading this way...
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,000 posts
Armorama: 2,868 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 20, 2004 - 12:34 PM UTC

Whhhooooaaaaaa!!!! All I have to do is a Google search and I come up with HalfYank's puss!
Geeeee, ......good thing I've already had Supper!

Tread. #:-) #:-) #:-)

Just pullin your hairey little legs HalfYank!
Eagle
Visit this Community
Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
KitMaker: 4,082 posts
Armorama: 1,993 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 20, 2004 - 06:52 PM UTC

Can this have something to do with me using a form to add the site to multiple search engines ..... the form would add to Dutch search engines and....google is one of them according to the form.....

Anyway...great news !
crossbow
Visit this Community
Antwerpen, Belgium
KitMaker: 1,387 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 20, 2004 - 07:43 PM UTC
Hi Jim,

I've read the article of the Miami Herald and yes, he is hilarious. One conclusion, politicians or would be politicians seem to be the same all over the world: Hot air blowers.

Kris
greatbrit
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,127 posts
Armorama: 1,217 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 20, 2004 - 08:12 PM UTC
cool, if i search for greatbrit on goole, my gallery page is 3rd and my profile page is 4th!

nice one

cheers

joe
 _GOTOTOP