_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
another iraqi freedom
mixone19
Visit this Community
Indonesia
KitMaker: 16 posts
Armorama: 16 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 21, 2015 - 06:07 PM UTC
i made another diorama with desert scene iraqi freedom
all the material are DIY
the building and wall made from polyfoam
asphalt from sand paper
barrels from paper.whiteglue.wire
road block from FC pattern filled with clay and little modification
the figures arent newest modern us army cos i couldnt find the seller

Foxtrot1
Visit this Community
Gauteng, South Africa
KitMaker: 234 posts
Armorama: 200 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 21, 2015 - 06:56 PM UTC
Not bad.

But why do you have US infantrymen operating with a Warrior IFV (which is a British vehicle)? The diorama makes no sense now.

Also, these infantry figures are good for the early 80's up until the mid 90's. They're not correct for OIF 2003. Their gear is incorrect, as are their M16A1's.

A little research next time.
mixone19
Visit this Community
Indonesia
KitMaker: 16 posts
Armorama: 16 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 22, 2015 - 06:39 AM UTC
as i said before there are no seller in my city/country
most of them are german figures
maybe us modern cordon n search suitable its easier to find the store...
british modern troops are impossible
Maozer
Visit this Community
Canada
KitMaker: 13 posts
Armorama: 10 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 22, 2015 - 07:52 AM UTC
Very nice
Stickframe
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,661 posts
Armorama: 1,202 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 22, 2015 - 09:02 AM UTC
Hi Jimmy, thanks for posting your build! Nice work - creative work! Yes, you did point out the troubles you had with suppliers! I suppose we all do sometimes - I can tell you a few of our experienced builders have helped me to "get it right" from time to time too. In fact, I've learned quite a bit from them on the forum. Sometimes you just need to use what you can!

In this build you mentioned you were having troubles finding the right parts, and you built on, and did a pretty good job with what you had! Nice work. Soldiers and AFV aside (they look good too, but etc), the dio looks very nice.

A few very talented builders here have emphasized (to me!) the importance of debris - doing enough of it and doing it right (some good friends here have been pretty willing to let me know I might want to "rethink/redo" some part or other of a build!). They're right! I can tell you it can be tedious, but the results can be great! Spend some time looking at photos of the real thing and you'll figure it out! The area behind the concrete barricades looks like the debris was swept into neat piles, rather than how it might look in a conflict zone/battle ground.

You're already heading in the right direction, as you've demonstrated you can do a good job scratchbuilding!

Keep building! I look forward to seeing your next build!

Cheers
Nick

_GOTOTOP