_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Modern - USA
Modern Armor, AFVs, and Support vehicles.
Hosted by Darren Baker
M1a2 sep v2 and crow 2 question
mcevoyi
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 198 posts
Armorama: 180 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 23, 2015 - 01:22 AM UTC
Hi all

Just about to kit bash one of heng longs M1a2 in 1/16
And I have a question as I have to scratch build a crow 2

The abrams seems to have 2 versions where on is fitted with a new batterie compartment at the rear and / or an APU
can crow 2 be fitted to either version ? And I will be building as a little bit of a what if in that intend to build as a full tusk 2 with crow 2 which I don't think has been done in real life ?

Iain
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
Armorama: 13,742 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 23, 2015 - 02:31 AM UTC
The Under Armor APU (UAAPU) is no longer used on M1A2 SEPs. It was found to be ineffective. The standard now is the Hawker battery system on all M1A2 SEP v2s.

The full TUSK II will look interesting. You are right though, no M1A2 SEP v2s have actually been used operationally with TUSK II since TUSK is only fitted in combat and no M1A2 SEP v2s have seen combat yet.
mcevoyi
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 198 posts
Armorama: 180 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 23, 2015 - 02:50 AM UTC

Quoted Text

The full TUSK II will look interesting. You are right though, no M1A2 SEP v2s have actually been used operationally with TUSK II since TUSK is only fitted in combat and no M1A2 SEP v2s have seen combat yet.

Thank you for the reply ..very very helpful and the combo I am looking at ..I guess it's just time ..and we will see the tusk with crow 2 ...
 _GOTOTOP