_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Axis - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Axis forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
PanzerTriebwagen #16 in-the-box review
sauron
KitMaker: 134 posts
Armorama: 132 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 25, 2015 - 08:54 PM UTC
This is a quick look inside the box on the new Trumpeter 00223 PanzerTriebwagen #16 in 1/35 scale. The kit contains over 480 pieces and is about 24" long (railbed is about 36"). There are 9 large sprues: suspension (x4), misc parts (x2), turrets (x2), and one misc parts. The railbed is standard Trumpeter and consists of 8 major pieces plus ties. The main hull is molded as a single piece with a separate flat bottom. There are two trucks and two turrets as separate items as well. All molding looks good with the one-piece main hull being an impressive bit of engineering. There are two PE frets, 4 clear lenses, a single color scheme reference sheet and no decals. The instruction book is typical exploded drawings with most of the construction centering on the suspension (which unfortunately can't really be seen on the finished model. Overall, this will make a nice addition for anyone into trains and rail armor. It is a bit pricy at around $120 but should build into a unique model.

brekinapez
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 2,272 posts
Armorama: 1,860 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 26, 2015 - 08:32 AM UTC
Why oh why are the rail car kits so expensive compared to the armor? I know they are often much larger but should be less complex since they don't usually have as many tiny parts.

I have several of the other cars but it took some heavy duty searching to get a good deal.
Greifscotland
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 8 posts
Armorama: 8 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 04, 2015 - 05:03 PM UTC
Hello
Thx for review nice model
If you need photos of a museum in Warsaw can I send an e-mail.
Regards
C_JACQUEMONT
Visit this Community
Loire-Atlantique, France
KitMaker: 2,433 posts
Armorama: 2,325 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 04, 2015 - 09:48 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I have several of the other cars but it took some heavy duty searching to get a good deal.

Pays to shop around it's $100 from LLC (out os stock at the moment).
Mckenna35
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 45 posts
Armorama: 43 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 05, 2015 - 12:26 AM UTC
Scalehobbyist has it at $99.99 in stock right now. Squadron has been showing it at $93, but hasn't had it in stock yet. I will be picking up a copy at some point in time. When they originally showed art for this, it was being billed as "limited Edition", but they seem to have dropped that business.

Michael
 _GOTOTOP