_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Axis - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Axis forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
HELP! SdKfz 250/10 interior parts question...
panzerbob01
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
KitMaker: 3,128 posts
Armorama: 2,959 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 26, 2015 - 10:50 PM UTC
I need some help and / or suggestions about a "missing part"!

I'm at the "top of the 8th" in building that CyberHobby Sd.Kfz. 250/10 Neu with 3.7cm PaK 36 white box kit (CH 6595)... And I have a burning question for anyone who has built any of these CH / Dragon 250/x Neu kits - either "Smart Kit" or otherwise...

Please see the attached picture of the kit instructions and my current stage of hull assembly:

The instructions show the assembled hull interior - the rear floor-plate piece has a raised "box" (circled) in what is the right-rear corner of the hull interior. I have also pointed (arrow) to that piece in my assembled hull...

Can anyone tell me WHAT is supposed to go on that "box"? I'm sure that something went there "in the real thing", and I'll bet that some Dragon or CH 250/x Neu version kit has some part(s) for that place, but the CH 250/10 Neu kit 6595 instructions do not indicate putting anything there, and there is no obvious part in the box that could fit there...

What part(s), if any, have been provided for that location in other Dragon or CH 250/x Neu kits?

Thanks!

Bob
Headhunter506
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 1,575 posts
Armorama: 1,509 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 26, 2015 - 11:13 PM UTC
That's where an equipment locker, comprised of parts C8 and C9, would be located in a /1.

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/image/10264070z3/70/3
Removed by original poster on 07/27/15 - 18:23:35 (GMT).
Stojkovic1987
Visit this Community
Wojewodztwo Slaskie, Poland
KitMaker: 255 posts
Armorama: 254 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 26, 2015 - 11:25 PM UTC
Hi Bob,

I've been building this kit as well some time ago.

Maybe my workshop blog will help you with the interior.

http://modelwork.pl/viewtopic.php?f=87&t=43501&hilit=Stojkovic+kfz+250
panzerbob01
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
KitMaker: 3,128 posts
Armorama: 2,959 posts
Posted: Monday, July 27, 2015 - 01:09 AM UTC
Joseph and Lukasz;

THANKS, Guys!

Looks pretty reasonable - Now you guys mentioned that storage cabinet / bin in the 250/1 kit... I recall seeing that item in at least one other Dragon 250/x kit myself - and I can easily make something like that for the indicated space.

And yes, I would expect that the 250/10 had an MG stored on that inside hull wall, too - just as seen in the 250/1 as built by Lukasz. It's off to the spares bins I am headed!

The CH 250/10 kit is, as some have said about other kits elsewhere and elsewhen, something of a "curate's egg". It's a neat little kit, and has been quite a lot of fun to whip together (right up there with my fastest builds - this has been an on-the-road build project being done between other things while working on my future retirement home over the past week). There are a few things simply not included nor even mentioned... like the subject box of this thread, the MG, any correct 3.7cm ammo cans (strangely, CH has included some anemic-looking rounds and small ammo cans likely correct for one of those "Gehrlach compressed-bore guns" like the 2.8cm sPzb 41, as seen in the Dragon SdKfz 250/11 alte kit 6132. - but these little cans are not right for the 3.7cm PaK 36 rounds), no radio antenna, etc. And of course, no MG ammo cans or drums, either. And those tiny link tracks... Don't get me wrong! I LOVE link tracks. But these are right tiny little boogers! But they did actually end up going together and being "workable"!

Again, THANKS, Fellows, for the info!

Bob
 _GOTOTOP