_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
REVIEW
Propaganda Posters
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 10,954 posts
Armorama: 8,571 posts
Posted: Friday, July 31, 2015 - 01:48 AM UTC
Bill Cross reviews SEVEN new sets of propaganda posters from Archer Fine Transfers.

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
erichvon
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,694 posts
Armorama: 1,584 posts
Posted: Friday, July 31, 2015 - 06:19 AM UTC
I always think it's a bit strange when British propaganda posters are produced. When you consider that no enemy forces (apart from POW's) reached Britain it limits there use dioramawise. Obviously anywhere in mainland Europe is useful when you consider nearly all of it was either occupied or fought over so logically you may need posters for buildings. While these posters look nice I can't help thinking that they will be expensive for what they are. I've only ever bought one set of posters (Dutch ones from a Dutch company whose name I forget) as I couldn't find a decent choice on the net. I have stacks of Russian and German ones I've downloaded off the net as JPEGs and rescaled and printed off on the computer. Hundreds of posters for a few pence. I can't see these being very cost effective I'm afraid.
erichvon
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,694 posts
Armorama: 1,584 posts
Posted: Friday, July 31, 2015 - 01:33 PM UTC
Misread that. Substitute Canadian for British which makes it even weirder.
bill_c
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 10,553 posts
Armorama: 8,109 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 01, 2015 - 02:27 AM UTC
The Archer posters have several things going for them:

1. They are colored to-scale. Anyone can reproduce period posters (I just bought a MiniArt Norman city building with French posters included, but the colors are neon-bright.

2. They are printed on a very high-quality paper. That might sound like a stupid idea until you realize, again, that scale posters would not have the large pores and defects on your average laser printer paper.

How cost-effective are they? That depends. Any after-market product is likely something you can do yourself. Heck, I have a friend with a metal lathe who is making his own gun barrels. I'll pass on that, and gladly give my money to RB Model.
 _GOTOTOP