_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
News
Meng: IDF Infantry Figures!
Maki
Staff MemberSenior Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Croatia Hrvatska
KitMaker: 5,579 posts
Armorama: 2,988 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 02, 2015 - 05:01 PM UTC

Meng Model just announced their new 1/35 scale figure set... something many modern modelers asked for in the past: IDF Infantry!

Read the Full News Story

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
Black_sheep
Visit this Community
Bayern, Germany
KitMaker: 823 posts
Armorama: 170 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 02, 2015 - 08:38 PM UTC
I always ask myself what these net-like things they have atop of their helmets. Anyone have an educated guess for me?
smydi01
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 219 posts
Armorama: 197 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 02, 2015 - 08:47 PM UTC

Hi Thomas It is called a Mitznefet. It is designed to distort the outline of the helmet which is more likely to help you merge with the background and unlike normal camo net no two will look the same. one side is woodland and the other desert pattern. In use since 2006.

Great looking figures
Black_sheep
Visit this Community
Bayern, Germany
KitMaker: 823 posts
Armorama: 170 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 02, 2015 - 11:22 PM UTC
Ahh ok thank you. Well I see in another thread I was not the only one who was curious about this. Cheers
knewton
Visit this Community
New Zealand
KitMaker: 1,217 posts
Armorama: 1,092 posts
Posted: Monday, August 03, 2015 - 03:15 AM UTC
Great set of figures; will definitely get one, maybe two of these. And I was about to buy the Blackdog patrol too!

Three different Tavors as well, lots of options there.

Thanks for posting.

Kylie
jmiori
Visit this Community
Region de Valparaiso, Chile
KitMaker: 18 posts
Armorama: 18 posts
Posted: Monday, August 03, 2015 - 05:13 AM UTC
Thank you Meng!!! Now we need a support weapon set...
avenue
Visit this Community
Philippines
KitMaker: 544 posts
Armorama: 542 posts
Posted: Monday, August 03, 2015 - 10:08 AM UTC
actually i am hoping for the IDF figure for the large conflict such 1982 lebanese war or the 1973 conflict.
SGTJKJ
Visit this Community
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 10,069 posts
Armorama: 4,677 posts
Posted: Monday, August 03, 2015 - 03:07 PM UTC
Very cool set! Will fit perfectly with some of the newer Merkava tanks.
historianmodeler
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 62 posts
Armorama: 62 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 04, 2015 - 10:04 PM UTC
I want them
RECON22
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 665 posts
Armorama: 652 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 05, 2015 - 02:27 PM UTC
Will go well with the Black Dog set too!
TimW42
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 159 posts
Armorama: 158 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 15, 2015 - 05:35 PM UTC
Wow! I have been waiting soooooooooo long for this! Already pre-ordered some. Now, some long stalled projects can resume for want of infantry figures! Woohoo!
Recon
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 1,571 posts
Armorama: 764 posts
Posted: Friday, October 16, 2015 - 04:15 AM UTC
Does anyone have a release date for this set?

Mike
knewton
Visit this Community
New Zealand
KitMaker: 1,217 posts
Armorama: 1,092 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 17, 2015 - 05:17 AM UTC
Meng’s IDF Infantry set (2000-) arrived today, and to date, I’ve not seen any reviews of this on the web, so here is a review of sorts:
Firstly the surprises: Each figure has its own sprue, and each sprue has a lot of vacant real estate on it, Meng could learn from Dragon on this; the amount of flash present on each figure, think 80s Academy figures; each figure is broken down into several parts (head, torso, two legs, two arms, some have individual hands, and the mitznefet – which is nicely done), and finally, mould lines in the figures. Not a big deal in itself, just wasn’t expecting to see them there.
The tavors are well done, and the end of the 40mm grenade launcher is slightly hollow. Each figure has a back-pack, and numerous small pouches to attach, making for a busy figure that is nicely detailed.
Being multi-part affairs allows for easy customisation of each figure. The figures are well detailed in that pockets, buckles, and straps are represented, if a little soft. The clothing has folds and creases where there should be folds and creases.
The plastic, I would describe as shiny and soft, if that makes sense.
Overall, I’d compare these to 80s Academy figures.
Kylie
Trisaw
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 4,105 posts
Armorama: 2,492 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 17, 2015 - 06:10 AM UTC
I received my set too. At first, I was very surprised at how cheap (in price) this figure set is. Some online stores are selling it for $9-$10 USD for four figures. That is very cheap for a new figure kit! I was concerned that the low price might mean low quality.

The figures look good, kind of like Trumpeter figures in that some of the areas appear a bit stiff. Mine had no flash on them, but I didn't look that closely. The figures kind of appear to be 1/34th scale with the backpacks being a bit large and blocky (again Trumpeter's figures are kind of on the large side too).

What disappointed me was that some of the vest pouches seem awfully small, narrow, and somewhat blob-shaped as if they melted a little; some pouches lack definition and I'm not really sure anything in 1/35 scale would fit in them.

The Tabor guns look fantastic, straight and very detailed.

Again, not bad for the cheap price, but I would need to build these figures and prime them before I could really pass judgement. I was hoping to convert them into semi-Sci-Fi figures, but I may just make them OOTB. The torsos and pouches are separate so one could substitute Live-Resin torsos and pouches and make your own custom figures (they won't be IDF figures with Live-Resin additions, but that would negate the low points of this kit).
 _GOTOTOP