_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
News
Bronco: New Tracks, Armour and Aircraft?
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 10,954 posts
Armorama: 8,571 posts
Posted: Monday, August 10, 2015 - 12:49 PM UTC

Bronco Models has just been in touch with a list of their upcoming releases. This batch covers track sets for the Chaffee, some new armour and soft skins and as proof that Bronco Models is listening an interesting development on the Horsa.

Read the Full News Story

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
Headhunter506
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 1,575 posts
Armorama: 1,509 posts
Posted: Monday, August 10, 2015 - 01:06 PM UTC
Hmmm.....is the sWS a rebox of the Great Wall/Lion Roar effort? Just wondering. The Horch radio car looks interesting.
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 10,954 posts
Armorama: 8,571 posts
Posted: Monday, August 10, 2015 - 02:02 PM UTC
Joseph that is possible as I have been told Bronco has done the same before with the addition of some of their own touches.
Bizarre
Visit this Community
Akershus, Norway
KitMaker: 1,709 posts
Armorama: 1,581 posts
Posted: Monday, August 10, 2015 - 02:39 PM UTC
100% it is GWH cooperation. The separate tail looks cool
RECON22
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 665 posts
Armorama: 652 posts
Posted: Monday, August 10, 2015 - 03:12 PM UTC
Great, the poor mans version 'rear fuselage' of the glider (because I can't afford the whole one).....lol.
Bizarre
Visit this Community
Akershus, Norway
Posted: Monday, August 10, 2015 - 03:40 PM UTC
I think it can be used in vignettes, etc.
panzerbob01
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
KitMaker: 3,128 posts
Armorama: 2,959 posts
Posted: Monday, August 10, 2015 - 06:15 PM UTC
I think I'll take one of those Horch radio-car kits, please!

The s.WS Uhu has to be a rebox of the GWH effort... It cannot rationally be anything else! There could be no realistic reason for it to appear in the Bronco line-up unless it were a rebox! The entire thing is complete fiction - no such "duck" was ever even dreamed of, apparently - let alone ever built. See Terry Ashley's comment on the GWH kit on PMMS - and of course related discussion elsewhere, too. So... Not even a "legit" "paper panzer"! But I'll bet that it IS a cool kit!

By me, the original Bronco beute A13 kit was pretty cool, if a bit of a technical wrestle, etc. I managed to build it, anyway - although I simply did not know what technical errors abounded! Maybe this new kit has some or many of the apparent errors corrected... But I've already spent my model bucks down the A13 path, so... The included UE trailer was possibly towed by one of those "command tanks" during Barbarossa... Clearly, now that Bronco has tooled that up - it comes in that Bronco Flammpanzer II kit - it could be showing up wherever a small, ex-French tracked trailer "wants to be"! Maybe Bronco will see fit to release it as a stand-alone kit... I'd buy a couple!

Bob
simonking
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 128 posts
Armorama: 124 posts
Posted: Monday, August 10, 2015 - 06:32 PM UTC
There's a picture of one of the UE trailers being towed by a jeep in one of the books
M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 4,403 posts
Armorama: 4,078 posts
Posted: Monday, August 10, 2015 - 06:42 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Bronco Models has just been in touch with a list of their upcoming releases. This batch covers track sets for the Chaffee, some new armour and soft skins and as proof that Bronco Models is listening an interesting development on the Horsa.

Read the Full News Story

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!

BRONCO has also released a pic of the box top of their upcoming 1/35 Pz.Kpfw.III Ausf.A- check the pic on PMMS "New Kit News", BRONCO...
Cantstopbuyingkits
Visit this Community
European Union
KitMaker: 2,099 posts
Armorama: 1,920 posts
Posted: Monday, August 10, 2015 - 09:43 PM UTC
The captured cruiser with the French trailer looks very interesting,
bilbobee
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
KitMaker: 414 posts
Armorama: 406 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 11, 2015 - 02:14 AM UTC
Yes, I like the mk 4 with ue trailer, it looks to be a good build, I hope it comes with workable tracks, for both.
rogerjo1
Visit this Community
Västra Götaland, Sweden
KitMaker: 950 posts
Armorama: 905 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 11, 2015 - 02:38 AM UTC
I was hoping they would have said that they would release the Maxxpro soon... But not this month either
Bizarre
Visit this Community
Akershus, Norway
Posted: Tuesday, August 11, 2015 - 02:43 AM UTC
I assume the UHU will have engine included as well
Cantstopbuyingkits
Visit this Community
European Union
Posted: Tuesday, August 11, 2015 - 02:58 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I assume the UHU will have engine included as well

IIRC the LR SWS engine is provided as a separate upgrade
Set separate to the base kit, though Bronco might change that.
Bizarre
Visit this Community
Akershus, Norway
Posted: Tuesday, August 11, 2015 - 03:58 AM UTC
that was the difference between Bronco and GWH - included engine
Bizarre
Visit this Community
Akershus, Norway
Posted: Tuesday, August 11, 2015 - 04:46 AM UTC
http://www.perthmilitarymodelling.com/reviews/vehicles/bronco/cb35070.html like here
bill_c
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 10,553 posts
Armorama: 8,109 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 11, 2015 - 10:21 PM UTC
With their Pz. III Ausf. A and MiniArt's D, the Pz III series will be complete in styrene.
M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Wednesday, August 12, 2015 - 05:45 PM UTC

Quoted Text

With their Pz. III Ausf. A and MiniArt's D, the Pz III series will be complete in styrene.

Then we have DRAGON re-releasing the same Pz.Kpfw.III Ausf.E thru Ausf. Ns over and over again... DRAGON could have cleaned up if they had done the Ausf.A thru Ausf.Ds. Personally, ASUKA or BRONCO would get my votes for an "all-new" M3 Light (Stuart/Honey) series of kits, along with an M8 HMC, and (one of each) an M3 (Lee/Grant) series...

BTW- DRAGON will be re-releasing quite a few of their 1/35 kits that have been out of production for a while... Panthers, T-34s, Pz.IVs, a couple of M4-series, and more...
dioman13
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 2,184 posts
Armorama: 1,468 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 13, 2015 - 03:02 AM UTC
Not having room for the horsa, this set would be just the right ticket for a dio.
M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Thursday, August 13, 2015 - 07:30 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I think I'll take one of those Horch radio-car kits, please!

The s.WS Uhu has to be a rebox of the GWH effort... It cannot rationally be anything else! There could be no realistic reason for it to appear in the Bronco line-up unless it were a rebox! The entire thing is complete fiction - no such "duck" was ever even dreamed of, apparently - let alone ever built. See Terry Ashley's comment on the GWH kit on PMMS - and of course related discussion elsewhere, too. So... Not even a "legit" "paper panzer"! But I'll bet that it IS a cool kit!

By me, the original Bronco beute A13 kit was pretty cool, if a bit of a technical wrestle, etc. I managed to build it, anyway - although I simply did not know what technical errors abounded! Maybe this new kit has some or many of the apparent errors corrected... But I've already spent my model bucks down the A13 path, so... The included UE trailer was possibly towed by one of those "command tanks" during Barbarossa... Clearly, now that Bronco has tooled that up - it comes in that Bronco Flammpanzer II kit - it could be showing up wherever a small, ex-French tracked trailer "wants to be"! Maybe Bronco will see fit to release it as a stand-alone kit... I'd buy a couple!

Bob

A bit off topic- I'm kind of surprised that there haven't been more builds or chatter over the 1/35 ICM Horch Typ 1 kits... Or maybe I've just missed them..?
Cantstopbuyingkits
Visit this Community
European Union
Posted: Friday, August 14, 2015 - 09:30 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Personally, ASUKA or BRONCO would get my votes for an "all-new" M3 Light (Stuart/Honey) series of kits, along with an M8 HM..

Most likely AFV Club will be the only ones considering an kit of those tanks, since they have produced the kits of the M5 and M3A3 lights already.
 _GOTOTOP