_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
Pics in my gallery, FINALLY!
lestweforget
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 2,832 posts
Armorama: 1,500 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 21, 2004 - 07:49 PM UTC
G'day everyone, well, finally i have pics of my dios, as promised for some time now, thanks Faust for getting them net friendly for me mate, cheers
heres the link MY GALLERY Cheers, id like to here what u all think
Major_Goose
Visit this Community
Kikladhes, Greece / Ελλάδα
KitMaker: 6,871 posts
Armorama: 2,071 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 21, 2004 - 11:38 PM UTC
You have some nice stuff in there buddy, but i think you must make more effort on the figures cause some of them seem to be glossy and also the expressions are a lil stiff and they dont show much tention and action. But keep this way completing works and i believe this will go better everyday
lestweforget
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
Posted: Thursday, January 22, 2004 - 01:43 AM UTC
Thnx mate, yeah those dios, 1:35 ones where done quiet a while ago, i have improved tremendiously now, cheers thanks for the comment, anyone else got anyththing they would like to say? cheers
meissen
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 257 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 22, 2004 - 01:52 AM UTC
looks good. one thing i would change would be the color of the concrete. it looks pretty dark in the pics, and a real light grey instead would look better. also maybe the color of the germans' uniforms looks a little too grey. I use tamiya field grey for my german figs and i think it looks good.
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 11,718 posts
Armorama: 7,138 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 22, 2004 - 02:08 AM UTC
I'd like to offer a pat on the back for creative use and positioning of the figures. Creative!!!
I like the layout of Atop Omaha. One thing I would offer is the thickness of the bunker is a bit thin. I would work on building that up. My first thought on how to accomplish that would be to get some sheet styrene and and build an interior 'box' that is about 2 - 3 scale feet smaller. You only need to create a fake interior so you don't need to 'fill it in'. If you want I can PM you with a more in depth description.

In defending the perimeter - the layout and composition are really nice. I like all the different kits used. Again, the shack/barn is a bit on the thin side. A support at the open corner would help with the structural integrity of the building.

Nice job overall - it's always great to see everyone else's work. Thank you
PorkChop
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 3,179 posts
Armorama: 1 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 22, 2004 - 02:55 AM UTC
What did you use for the bunker? My intution says a carton cut in half..... Nice concept, neat dio. You might want to add some more "junk" to the inside of the bunker to give it a lived in look. Good job.
lestweforget
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
Posted: Thursday, January 22, 2004 - 01:18 PM UTC
Thanks guysf ro you imput, you mustnt have read it but along with the Omaha pics i put a little message, well unfortuantely around a montha go that diorama was destroyed my my little cousin, stop right on it, flattened and crmpled the foam base, shattered the bunker, smashed most figs i made the bnker out of an icre cream container, just cut the slit, cut the door, cut of the very end of one side and wacked on the plaster.
I agree with you all about the color of the concrete, but i never got round to toutching up that paint, the figs are a lighter grey than in those pics, must be the camera i am noit sure
Cheers guys
phoenix-1
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 629 posts
Armorama: 340 posts
Posted: Friday, January 23, 2004 - 10:33 AM UTC
Nice dios in there. I really liked the "Welcome to Cambodia" dio. Just a few things I noticed, mainly with the figures:
-The eyes look to a little blotchy. I would suggest using a technique spelled out in Shep Paine's How to Build Dioramas. The technique says that you paint strips for the colored an black parts of the eyes. Then you go back with the skin tone color and close out the eye, making sure that the person looks like they are squinting.
-I would also suggest accenting the shadows of the figures on the skin especially. A technique is listed also in Shep's book.
That was all that I could see. Sorry to sound redundant on the book but it really is a great asset for diorama builders. Hope to see more of your work!
Kyle
lestweforget
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
Posted: Friday, January 23, 2004 - 02:54 PM UTC
Cheers mate thanks, i have been working on fixing up the eyes since i made that dio, which was a long time ago, wouldve had to have been around 4 months ago now, maybe more, anyway there will be more pics in there soon, cheers
Sensei
Visit this Community
Belgrade, Serbia & Montenegro
KitMaker: 1,217 posts
Armorama: 799 posts
Posted: Friday, January 23, 2004 - 07:12 PM UTC
I personally like it especially the Omaha dio! Keep up the good work!
lestweforget
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
Posted: Saturday, January 24, 2004 - 12:05 PM UTC
Thanks Mate
 _GOTOTOP