_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum
Russian or Soviet vehicles/armor modeling forum.
FROG 2
BootsDMS
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 978 posts
Armorama: 965 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 19, 2015 - 01:33 AM UTC
Working within the Law of Sod, am I wasting my time attempting, and I mean attempting, to produce a half decent FROG 2 in combining a 1:32 Glencoe Rocket with a Trumpeter PT 76 chassis? Or will Trumpeter produce the very same within the next 6 months?

Sorry if this appears to be whimsical, but at the rate manufacturers are producing stuff we (Soviet) modellers never even hoped for, dare I actually hope for a FROG (injected) somewhere, sometime?

Discuss (!)

Regards to all,

Brian

PS I am aware of Panzershop's recent efforts.
grunt136mike
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 1,896 posts
Armorama: 1,858 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 19, 2015 - 08:24 AM UTC
Hi Brian;

A Short Time Ago, there was A Post on Trumpeter and A Planned release of the FROG and I think it was the system that was Truck Mounted. As far as the Glenco kit I would just Leave it as is and Build it as A 1/32nd model ! In Other Words; "Wait For Trumpeter" !!!

CHEERS; MIKE.
BootsDMS
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, August 19, 2015 - 10:40 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Brian;

A Short Time Ago, there was A Post on Trumpeter and A Planned release of the FROG and I think it was the system that was Truck Mounted. As far as the Glenco kit I would just Leave it as is and Build it as A 1/32nd model ! In Other Words; "Wait For Trumpeter" !!!

CHEERS; MIKE.

Mike,

I did spot that and was very pleased but it was indeed the truck mounted FROG 7; I just love the earlier versions - particularly the 2 version (the 1 on the JS chassis of course would be more than acceptable as well)- I think the 2 version was the one deployed to Cuba in addition to the Soviet/Warsaw Pact forces. I suppose my interest dates back to those somewhat murky pictures in military recognition pamphlets/posters during my service.

I think now I will wait for Trumpeter (given my build rate) - wrestling with the Glencoe version will be put on hold!

Brian
andymacrae
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 409 posts
Armorama: 402 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 19, 2015 - 03:26 PM UTC
Hope that Trumpeter releases one. I had thought of getting the Panzershop one but it looks like it's missing loads of details from the pics I've seen.

Andy
BootsDMS
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, August 20, 2015 - 12:05 AM UTC
I'm hopeful that once Trumpeter have exhausted all the tanks/SP guns and other projects they'll come around to a few missiles (they already have of course with the Scuds and Gecko nigh) so hopefully - and with fingers firmly crossed.

Brian
 _GOTOTOP