_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Axis - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Axis forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
1/35 Academy Hetzer 38t -Early Version
john53
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 78 posts
Armorama: 57 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 27, 2015 - 06:27 AM UTC
I am stalled on my King Tiger, need decals, paint and more info on camouflage scheme I want to use. So to fill the void I am going to do something easy and quick, my Academy 1/35 Hetzer in the simple overall Dunklegelb paint scheme. So far I have the canon assembled and some road wheels and suspension on the lower hull.---John

john53
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Saturday, August 29, 2015 - 08:55 PM UTC
More work done. I have added the rear panel to the lower hull. I still haven't decided on a paint scheme. I was going to do the boring overall dark yellow but I saw in the kit a sheet with 3 profiles, not in color so I had to decipher the numbers out.There is one that is yellow and dark green? Not sure where Academy got that from. I did find one that was light green, dark green and dark yellow with "ambush spots" on the light and dark green, that looks different. I have MM Panzer Interior Buff but am not going to do the interior, never was much on "peekaboo" models with hatches and panels opened up, but that's me.---John
fuzzhead
Visit this Community
England - West Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 71 posts
Armorama: 61 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 29, 2015 - 09:46 PM UTC
suprised by how small the hull looks for a 1/35. looks like a quality molded model, i am looking forward to seeing you finish it.
john53
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Saturday, August 29, 2015 - 10:39 PM UTC
It is small, here is Academy 1/35 Hetzer lower hull compared to my Dragon 1/35 King Tiger lower hull. I would venture to say that the Academy Hetzer is just as well detailed if not better than the Dragon King Tiger. The Academy also has PE as do the Dragon kits. I am very happy with the Academy kit.---John
 _GOTOTOP