Hosted by Darren Baker
tribute to Cecil the lion
Aladar123
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 18 posts
Armorama: 18 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 30, 2015 - 03:24 PM UTC
Like alot of people I was disgusted by the barbaric killing of such a noble animal. I had in my stash the Panzer VII "Löwe" by Armory models so I decided to build it as a tribute. Enjoy!
MattieP
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 81 posts
Armorama: 78 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 02, 2015 - 11:11 AM UTC
I live in the U.S and I'm a hunter. When I hunt, I take enough deer to help feed my family, NOT to put a stuffed head on my wall. I mean really, there's more than enough game in the U.S... I don't understand the reasoning behind the stupid "trophy-taking" (O.K. I'm now getting off of my soap box )... But I do look forward to your build! I love the 1946 builds!
chnoone
Visit this Community
Armed Forces Europe, United States
KitMaker: 1,036 posts
Armorama: 1,033 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 02, 2015 - 11:36 AM UTC
That's a grand idea !
I believe that nobody can understand/justify why these "morons" get their kicks by taking the life of such a majestic animal.
For me just watching these creatures gives me a sensational feeling ... but now there is one less, needlessly taken.
Read about the cat "Tiger" shot by the female vet in Texas and posing with her "trophy"... another sick and sad story.
Makes me wonder why representatives of the health community are apparently so involved in animal killing

Looking forward to your build Nick ... great ides !

Cheers
Christopher
ceerosvk
Visit this Community
Slovakia
KitMaker: 171 posts
Armorama: 170 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 02, 2015 - 08:52 PM UTC
i like the idea! but where are the photos? or should i understand this that you are only just starting the build?
Its an amazing kit, looks really really great together. Built it some 2-3 years ago, one of my fav builds.
bill_c
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 10,553 posts
Armorama: 8,109 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 03, 2015 - 02:53 AM UTC
I don't want this discussion to zoom off-topic, but poor African countries derive a great deal of money from harvesting their wild game. And often that game is highly destructive of crops and even deadly to locals. We should put more money into supporting small farmers and tourism so that these great resources will be more valuable alive than mounted on a wall somewhere.
joepanzer
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 803 posts
Armorama: 740 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 03, 2015 - 03:52 AM UTC
Well Said Bill
Aladar123
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Thursday, September 03, 2015 - 08:03 PM UTC
I sincerely apologise for the lacking in pics. This was due to my inability to interface with technology lol. I have now suessfully uploaded the pics to my album and will have them on here shortly.

In response to all the comments I'd just like to say a big thank you to you all for even showing interest in this topic.

I'm soon to be a dad for the first time and it worries me that my kid may grow up never having a chance to see these amazing animals in the wild.

Anyway I've rambled enough now for the pics.....
Aladar123
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Thursday, September 03, 2015 - 08:07 PM UTC
firstcircle
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,249 posts
Armorama: 2,007 posts
Posted: Friday, September 04, 2015 - 04:35 AM UTC
Hi Nick, if you knock out the bit that says "thumbs" from the URL then you can publish the full size pic:

One thing this story brought up for me again, is do dentists seem to be paid just too much money? It always strikes me that the skill set is not unlike model making.. all that scratching around, drilling, gluing, mould making, casting, screwing etc. It's not that hard, surely!!
sounder
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 92 posts
Armorama: 36 posts
Posted: Friday, September 04, 2015 - 05:03 AM UTC
well done and a great tribute to a innocent animal, I hope the dentist loses his practice as it stands now I bet not many go to him .. maybe if he wants real sport they are looking for people to take on isis mmm they shoot back ..
 _GOTOTOP