_GOTOBOTTOM
Site Talk
Site announcements, comments, or feedback about the site.
What Happened to "Last Posted by xxx"?
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
KitMaker: 5,762 posts
Armorama: 2,283 posts
Posted: Friday, January 23, 2004 - 01:19 AM UTC
I just wanna ask what happened to the main forum page? Where is the "last posted by xxx" gone to? As for me it is really helpful to know if a new post/reply came by especially if it just replied back with a comment or a question. Thanks!
matt
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 5,957 posts
Armorama: 2,956 posts
Posted: Friday, January 23, 2004 - 01:22 AM UTC
Go into the Specific Forum..... https://armorama.kitmaker.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=PostBoard&file=index&req=viewforum&forum_id=11&page=1
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
KitMaker: 5,762 posts
Armorama: 2,283 posts
Posted: Friday, January 23, 2004 - 01:38 AM UTC
Well I find it time consuming if you were to read each one specially if you monitor all of them... which there will be an option to either turn it on or off...
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 12,571 posts
Armorama: 6,599 posts
Posted: Friday, January 23, 2004 - 04:27 AM UTC
Shonen,
Well I knew someone would miss thie feature. I am actually surprised though that someone uses it to any great degree. Considering we have roughly 25 posts per hour on average the busier forums will always have some new name and date listed. If you really want to track new posts why don't you try using the latest post page? You can sort posts there by forum and language.

Jim
jrnelson
Visit this Community
Iowa, United States
KitMaker: 719 posts
Armorama: 566 posts
Posted: Friday, January 23, 2004 - 05:33 AM UTC
hehe .... :-)

For the record, I miss it as well. For some reason my computer doesn't always show the pink folders when new topics and posts have been added. I kinda liked looking at the "last post by" name to see if anything new had been added to any of the forums. It made it convienent for me to see all the boards at once.

I'll give the "latest post page" a try.

Later-
Nelson
WeWillHold
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 2,314 posts
Armorama: 1,905 posts
Posted: Friday, January 23, 2004 - 05:52 AM UTC

Quoted Text

For the record, I miss it as well.

Me too.
Its no biggie though. I am in and out of here quite a bit throughout most days and basically used it to see who had posted recently.

To reiterate however, its no biggie (must not upset the WebMaster ) just kidding Jim :-)

Steve
 _GOTOTOP