Hosted by Darren Baker
Tamiya Leopard 2 A6
sharky17
Visit this Community
Jakarta Raya, Indonesia
KitMaker: 3 posts
Armorama: 3 posts
Posted: Friday, September 11, 2015 - 06:33 PM UTC
Hi....need your critic and also advise about my Tamiya Leopard 2 A6. i'm a new modeller and still improving my skill

corsutton
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
KitMaker: 544 posts
Armorama: 511 posts
Posted: Friday, September 11, 2015 - 07:38 PM UTC
Welcome to hobby! Be careful, once you start, you will become addicted.

Good looking Leopard there.
ivanhoe6
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 2,023 posts
Armorama: 1,234 posts
Posted: Friday, September 11, 2015 - 09:22 PM UTC
Welcome Setyo, The Leopard is looking very good especially for somebody new to the hobby. It looks like you had problems with the turret basket mesh. Me too, it made me crazy !
Thank you for sharing !
Tom
Leopard-2
Visit this Community
Bayern, Germany
KitMaker: 229 posts
Armorama: 220 posts
Posted: Friday, September 11, 2015 - 09:27 PM UTC
From what i see on the photos i can tell that it's a nice an very clean build. I'd say that it looks just like overhauled Leopard 2 tanks like i see them on the Autobahn near Munich sometimes or so. At least FOR MY TASTE too clean but that's not supposed to be a critic.

The only thing to stick out is the silvering of the decals. Don't know if you did it before but i suggest that you apply a coat of gloss varnish to the model before applying decals and finishing it with a subtle wash and matte varnish next time.

Overall your model is pretty to watch.
baldwin8
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 89 posts
Armorama: 74 posts
Posted: Friday, September 11, 2015 - 09:51 PM UTC
Nice start and welcome to the hobby. Good first impressions you have there. Everything looks to be in place. I see some white flecks on the paint, was that from dusting it or something? I do see a seam down the top of the barrel which I don't think is there on the real tank. That is easily fixed before painting.

My best advice is depending on your budget buy a few inexpensive kits and just build. With each kit I built over the years, I always learn something that helped me out later. You can watch all the Youtube videos you want but progress is really made with hands on experience.

Keep building and post.

Craig
grunt136mike
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 1,896 posts
Armorama: 1,858 posts
Posted: Friday, September 11, 2015 - 11:16 PM UTC
Hi Sharky17;

You are off to A great Start !!!!!! My only thought would be, to start with A Pre-coat of Primer before you commit to your final paint color, and then you can see where you need to correct your build. Gather as much Reference Materials as you can and Take Notes, and Painting Smaller details will make your vehicles really Stand-Out !! ie;) The Inside of your Headlites, paint them Silver or Flat White, and Dont Forget to detail the other Optics.

GOOD LUCK; MIKE.
sharky17
Visit this Community
Jakarta Raya, Indonesia
KitMaker: 3 posts
Armorama: 3 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 12, 2015 - 06:25 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Nice start and welcome to the hobby. Good first impressions you have there. Everything looks to be in place. I see some white flecks on the paint, was that from dusting it or something? I do see a seam down the top of the barrel which I don't think is there on the real tank. That is easily fixed before painting.

My best advice is depending on your budget buy a few inexpensive kits and just build. With each kit I built over the years, I always learn something that helped me out later. You can watch all the Youtube videos you want but progress is really made with hands on experience.

Keep building and post.

Craig

Thanks for your advice. Yes, the white flecks like a dust is my problem. My painting step are priming with tamiya grey primer. Base coat with flat black. And make camo with 3 tone Tamiya NATO black, green and brown with several thin layer. Maybe this dust come from my primer paint. Because this dust happen after giving a primer paint
 _GOTOTOP