_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum
Russian or Soviet vehicles/armor modeling forum.
Syrian T-72
Burik
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 1,437 posts
Armorama: 1,303 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 13, 2015 - 04:23 AM UTC
Just to show John - Tankrider, that I actually have built something besides 3rd ID OIF stuff, here is a disabled Syrian T-72 I did last year, with a scratched turret interior. :-)

grunt136mike
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 1,896 posts
Armorama: 1,858 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 13, 2015 - 05:30 AM UTC
Hi;

"EXCELLENT BUILD" !!----Which kit did you use.

CHEERS; MIKE.
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
Armorama: 13,742 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 13, 2015 - 05:49 AM UTC
The tank looks really nice. Good job on it. I am not a fan of the vehicle falling off the base though. It looks like an afterthought and you couldn't find a big enough base.
Burik
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 1,437 posts
Armorama: 1,303 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 13, 2015 - 06:50 AM UTC
This is the Tamiya T-72 with a new resin turret. I forget who makes it. I also got an aftermarket front hull which has the correct bolts and fixes the incorrectly faced storage box on the left front fender. I also used the PE Eduard set for this kit.

I visited the French armor museum a couple of times and that was my inspiration to scratchbuild the turret interior. It is a skeletal training tank. Very cool.

I wanted to do something unique and showing a very tall minaret with that tank as shown, I felt created a dynamic piece. I could not get a decent pic of the whole thing so I only concentrated on the tank for the pics. I used two Verlinden kits to get a tall minaret and I put in a couple of doors since the kit falls short on this detail (how does one get to the walkway provided in the kit??).

I also wanted to put some birds up there on a perch but I never got around to it. One day...

Bob
 _GOTOTOP