_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Axis - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Axis forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
21cm Morser 18 Trumpeter in travel mode
Mike_Husky
Visit this Community
Catania, Italy
KitMaker: 71 posts
Armorama: 56 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 13, 2015 - 08:08 PM UTC
Hi guys,
I'm going to build the German 21cm Morser 18 from Trumpeter in 1/35 scale (item:2314) and I will build it in travel mode. I read the instructions and there are some option pieces for travel mode but there aren't the exact position of this pieces . I read in step 9,10,12,13 "travel mode refer pag 24". In pag. 24 there is a profile with the gun in travel mode, but it isn't clear during the mounting as position they. Someone have built this kit in travel mode? Do you suggest me the correct position of the option pieces for correct travel mode?
Thank you so much for support.
Mike Husky
Michelangelo Sicilia

varanusk
Staff MemberManaging Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 1,288 posts
Armorama: 942 posts
Posted: Monday, September 14, 2015 - 04:16 AM UTC
I do not have this kit, but while building Trumpeter sK18 I modified it to firing position, and found that using some logic you can work out the position of most of the parts involved.

If no other one has better knowledge, maybe you can scan the instruction sheet and discuss here what can be done
gunnerPhil
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 30 posts
Armorama: 16 posts
Posted: Monday, September 14, 2015 - 06:04 AM UTC
I can remember seeing the Morser 21 at the Aberdeen Proving Ground Ordnance Museum when I was growing up near there on my frequent trips there. I t was broken down into 2 loads for travel over long distances... load # 1 was the barrel on a special carriage and load # 2 was the actual gun carriage. Over short distances and for emergency displacement, the gun traveled in the same manner as the 17 cm version. Please note that in both cases, the barrel was retracted to the end of the slide and was out of battery (similar to a full recoil position). Hope that helps... good luck.
Mike_Husky
Visit this Community
Catania, Italy
KitMaker: 71 posts
Armorama: 56 posts
Posted: Monday, September 14, 2015 - 12:07 PM UTC
Thank you Carlos and GunnerPhil,
I found an article on armorama website with some instructions. In this article there are also some photos of instructions sheet , they show the travel mode confusion.
This is the link:
https://armorama.kitmaker.net/review/5134
Today I'm going to start with step 1. I will post some photos when is possible.
Thank you so much.
Mike
 _GOTOTOP