_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
News
Soga-Miniatures: British SAS in Progress
Maki
Staff MemberSenior Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Croatia Hrvatska
KitMaker: 5,579 posts
Armorama: 2,988 posts
Posted: Monday, September 14, 2015 - 01:49 AM UTC

Dmitri Baev from SOGA Miniatures posted images of his upcoming release. Although still in progress, I'm sure these British SAS figures would receive a warm welcome in your grey armies.

Read the Full News Story

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
C_JACQUEMONT
Visit this Community
Loire-Atlantique, France
KitMaker: 2,433 posts
Armorama: 2,325 posts
Posted: Monday, September 14, 2015 - 02:36 AM UTC
Drink and drive is a big no no, but shoot and drive seems to be okay...
FirstMass
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 252 posts
Armorama: 146 posts
Posted: Monday, September 14, 2015 - 08:27 AM UTC
Looks very promising....though I'm not entirely sold on the driver firing the Tommie gun. And what are they referring to when they said they're sculpting the rest of the crew? These jeeps only had two man crews. Are they sculpting more two man crews for other jeeps?
Ironmike
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 287 posts
Armorama: 270 posts
Posted: Monday, September 14, 2015 - 10:38 AM UTC
Might be interesting to work on these guys. The rear gunner figure looks like he has slammed too many beers when he is standing away from the jeep. Btw, FirstMass, it is Tommy not Tommie for the sub the driver is firing. A minor point. The pair might have some mates coming if they do sculpt the 'rest of the crew'. We shall see.
Maki
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Croatia Hrvatska
Posted: Monday, September 14, 2015 - 11:21 AM UTC
I think Dmitri plans to make several different hands for the driver... firing different submachine guns (MP-40, STEN, Thompson). We'll see about the rest of the figures, but I'm glad to have some interesting Allied figures in action.

Mario
Dmitri
Visit this Community
Russia
KitMaker: 179 posts
Armorama: 73 posts
Posted: Monday, September 14, 2015 - 03:19 PM UTC
We want to make a few sets of 2 people for a jeep. Sculptor already embodies my ideas into reality, and soon we will show the next set.
RECON22
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 665 posts
Armorama: 652 posts
Posted: Monday, September 14, 2015 - 04:10 PM UTC
Airfield assault dio coming here.....!
joegrafton
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,209 posts
Armorama: 1,143 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 15, 2015 - 11:48 PM UTC
This kind of thing is exactly what I've been looking for to make a very near future project. I'm glad that we are finally getting some WWII SAS figures that are in action poses. I mean there have been some great after market releases for the SAS jeep in the recent past so why not have the figures to add to a scene that actually depicts what they were in fact utilised for: raiding!
Maki
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Croatia Hrvatska
Posted: Wednesday, September 16, 2015 - 12:12 AM UTC
Joe, I thought you might like this one... We'll keep you guys posted with more info as we receive it.

Mario
erichvon
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,694 posts
Armorama: 1,584 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 19, 2015 - 08:20 AM UTC
Superb! As well as being beautifully sculpted they are possibly the most dynamic figures I've seen for a long time. I've got to admit I am one of those diorama builders that prefers to see combat dios rather than troops lolling about. I know the reality of warfare is 85% admin but I do like action dios. I had a phase building LRDG trucks and SAS jeeps a couple of years ago then got distracted. All three trucks and the three jeeps are lacking crews as I didn't like any of the figures about and never got around to kitbashing some. I quite liked the MB crew but never got around to them. I think that these figures and hopefully more like them will motivate me to getting the Chevvy's and jeeps out again for a dio. More figures in action please! Nice work!
 _GOTOTOP