_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Axis - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Axis forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Japanese tank foliage questiin
chauvel
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 155 posts
Armorama: 154 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 16, 2015 - 03:28 AM UTC
Hi all
Today is a wet day so paint on projects is taking a bit longer to dry, so I thought I would have a look through the stash & make some notes of extras needed.
I remember reading an article in one of the Tamiya mags about some pre-coloured foliage the builder had applied to his Japanese tank build. Does anyone know the brand of this stuff? And by the same token, is there a brand that markets foliage suitable for German AFV camo?

TIA
grunt136mike
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 1,896 posts
Armorama: 1,858 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 16, 2015 - 06:39 AM UTC
Hi Shaun;

The use of Natural Camo, is A subject that has long been ignored, and there was A company that made foliage, and at the moment I dont remember who it was. I do remember that there was Palm Trees, Ferns, Elephant Ears, and some other items that would be o.k. for A Tropical Setting. As for Euorpe other than Trees there isent much, Tree Branches, Shurbs, Hedge Row and other Natural Foliage is Hard to Depict in A realistic manner, other than the Rail Road Hobby
there is not A lot to pick from. You mite want too pick up A copy of one of the Train Magazines and see what they offer.

GOOD LUCK; MIKE.
jasmils
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 1,016 posts
Armorama: 745 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 16, 2015 - 07:22 AM UTC
G'day Shaun,
Try this mate.
kamizukuri at BNA Models
chauvel
Visit this Community