_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: British Armor
Discuss all types of British Armor of all eras.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Castoff Models Saladin Update Kit.
Keef1648
Visit this Community
South Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 1,240 posts
Armorama: 1,192 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 19, 2015 - 05:57 PM UTC
Good morning all.

I have just received the new castoff Models (Terry Beal) update/conversion kit for the Dragon Models (Black Box) Saladin model.

The only item that still needs replacing is the tripod ground mounting because the kit supplies a short *bipod* ? (heaven knows who was responsible for that horlicks)....

As you can see Terry supplies a Jerrican strapped into a correctly sized holder (you supply the small oil can that should be to the right of it).
A new exhaust muffler (barrel) with cover and wire guard on the rear and correct split opening.

Two antenna bases, a nicely detailed commanders periscope cover with Browning mount and open sight blades.
A .30 Cal. ammo box and holder as well as a new and correctly sized shovel

Next in the little bag is a commanders .30 Cal. machine gun with remote firing handle folded over the top cover, a turret mounted swing arm with barrel retaining clamp and mounting.

The rest of the kit includes two BCF. fire extinguishers, a 76 mm gun barrel with canvas and three detailed replacement hatches with really nice internal detail for the driver, commander and gunner/operators positions.

You WILL need to add a corresponding lip to the open hatch turret locations on the kit in order to have them placed in the open position.

My apologies for the poor quality photo but it's better than nothing.

Terry has been battling a few medical issues and is working as hard as he can to catch up with past due orders.

If you waiting for an order I ask that you be patient, you will get your item(s).
If you intend to order anything in the near future, email him for an update and time frame FIRST!

THAT WAY you WON'T be upset about the wait time.

Forewarned is forearmed gentlemen.

Happy modeling.

Keith.
ahueger
Visit this Community
Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
KitMaker: 217 posts
Armorama: 214 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 04, 2015 - 11:11 AM UTC
Hi Keith,

sounds good and looks good. Especially the fact that Castoff is still active so I can still hope for my orders to arrive.
If you have any contact to him tell him it would be great to reply
cheers - Andreas
 _GOTOTOP