_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
News
Hobby Boss: Two New Panzer IV Offerings
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 10,954 posts
Armorama: 8,571 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 20, 2015 - 01:43 PM UTC

HobbyBoss has announced two new Panzer IV tanks and provided images of the sprues for these two offerings. The two offerings are a Panzer IV B and Panzer IV C. The box design looks different from the usual box design from HobbyBoss.

Read the Full News Story

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
Cantstopbuyingkits
Visit this Community
European Union
KitMaker: 2,099 posts
Armorama: 1,920 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 20, 2015 - 01:47 PM UTC
Er, these are not new kits. Tristar already released them back in the late 2000s and Hobbyboss rereleases them now the former went bust.
varanusk
Staff MemberManaging Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain / España
KitMaker: 1,288 posts
Armorama: 942 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 20, 2015 - 01:56 PM UTC
After Trumpeter/Hobby Boss acquired Tristar moulds it was a matter of time that they would re-release all their catalogue. In this case they have not even changed the box image so I doubt the kit inside would have anything new.

Anyway, they are new on the market as HB and I think it is very good to have them available again!
padawan_82
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 817 posts
Armorama: 555 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 20, 2015 - 02:13 PM UTC
Hope hobby boss re-release the wheel sets and track sets for the panzer IV series Tristar did as they were nice sets to upgrade tamiya's older panzer IV kits.
tatbaqui
Staff MemberNews Writer
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
KitMaker: 2,713 posts
Armorama: 2,451 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 20, 2015 - 07:30 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hope hobby boss re-release the wheel sets and track sets for the panzer IV series Tristar did as they were nice sets to upgrade tamiya's older panzer IV kits.

I second that wish
jwest21
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 3,374 posts
Armorama: 3,126 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 20, 2015 - 08:30 PM UTC

Quoted Text

After Trumpeter/Hobby Boss acquired Tristar moulds it was a matter of time that they would re-release all their catalogue. In this case they have not even changed the box image so I doubt the kit inside would have anything new.

Anyway, they are new on the market as HB and I think it is very good to have them available again!

I wonder what they are doing with Tristar's sd.Kfz.222 molds?
Cantstopbuyingkits
Visit this Community
European Union
KitMaker: 2,099 posts
Armorama: 1,920 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 20, 2015 - 09:11 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Or... you could just get the full Tristar/Dragon kits of the tank which have have far more advanced moulding and are not much harder to build if you have decent skill?
padawan_82
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 817 posts
Armorama: 555 posts
Posted: Monday, September 21, 2015 - 12:02 AM UTC
True but I already have the older kits in my stash replacing the less detailed suspension and too wide wheels saves me getting rid of the kit. Plus I like testing my scratch building skills adding the missing detail on a kit which only cost £10-15 rather than pay £50+ for a dragon kit and mess up so getting a wheel set which when released by Tristar was £8.00 isn't breaking the bank and just brings the kit more up to date with a bit of work.
 _GOTOTOP