_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
Operation Coverup trench dio done
waterboy
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 466 posts
Armorama: 332 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 24, 2004 - 09:22 AM UTC
Hi guys, I finished my trench dio for operation coverup today. Here's a few Photos of the completed project. It's called June 5 1944 the last peaceful day. Tomorrow June 6th the allies will call this area Gold beach.

The flag for the X factor

although not a poodle you can tell this dog is French by his actions

I had alot of fun with this. Let me know what you guys think and is there anything else I need to do now to Qualify for my first campaign ribbon. #:-)
jackhammer81
Visit this Community
Nebraska, United States
KitMaker: 2,394 posts
Armorama: 1,695 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 24, 2004 - 10:06 AM UTC
Hello Don, that is one awesome diorama. The poses of the figures are great and ya might want to keep that dog away from my vehicles lol. Thats a great touch as well with the officer looking on. Keep up the great work...Cheers
Kevin
ambrose82
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 249 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 24, 2004 - 10:07 AM UTC
That's great! I love it. Nice touch with the dog. Hilarious!

I don't see anything that needs changing. Very well done. Lots to look at and lots of interest created in a small space. It looks like you had fun with it.
kkeefe
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 1,416 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 24, 2004 - 10:17 AM UTC
Don, that's a great diorama man! Very nicely done and a joy to look at!! I think that my only ding on it would be having the radio equipment exposed to the elements like it is. Yes, it looks like great weather happening there, but when the clouds and rain roll in, would they pack it all up and move inside? Maybe some tarpage and a couple of poles close by would do the trick. :-)

I hope that you don't mind my comment there Don. It's such a good dio that I'm getting a tad hungry my self!

The dog has no idea that doing what he's doing could cause him to be next on the stove.

Congratulations on a job well done!!
Graywolf
Staff MemberSenior Editor
HISTORICUS FORMA
Visit this Community
Izmir, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 6,405 posts
Armorama: 1,850 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 24, 2004 - 11:23 AM UTC
hi Don,
congrats for the very good diorama. I liked everything in your diorama. Painting the kubelwagen's panel details,many figures and all good painted,bunker,the dog detail and many accessories are all great.I will make a few critics with your permission:
1.the flag is well painted,I dont know how you made it but it would be better with some wrinkles on it and you should tie the flag t somewhere in the kubel..4 ropes from the edges to the front bumper and side mirrors.
2.why kubelwagen is painted in yellow,I think it would be better to paint it Grey for that period.
3.pastel chalk weathering would be good for a final weathering. I think Bunker and sand bags are not weathered enough...
I made those critics for further work.I believe you made a wonderful job for Cover up and deserved your ribbon...best regards
Arthur
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,454 posts
Armorama: 330 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 24, 2004 - 11:32 AM UTC
Hi Don,your dio is very pleasing to the eye,well postitioned figs,well thought out,and very nicely painted,if you take heed of what Engin(Greywolf) has said,you deserve some reward for your effort.
Arthur
PorkChop
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 3,179 posts
Armorama: 1 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 24, 2004 - 12:31 PM UTC
Don:
Looks great, your weathering is very nicely done and these photos really show the true colors you are using.
MATTTOMLIN
Visit this Community
Australian Capital Territory, Australia
KitMaker: 431 posts
Armorama: 388 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 24, 2004 - 12:55 PM UTC
waterboy, your dio is something extraordinary, if this were a contest you would win and i would nominate you in a heart beat , i love the stroy with the day before the invasion when thier all relaxed , cooking up some food. i love it.

theres only one thing i dont like, one thing, your flag on the wagon, its too flat, you should have some wrinkles in it, but everything else is better than priofesional, i myself could never complete something as good as this.

matt
waterboy
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 466 posts
Armorama: 332 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 24, 2004 - 02:04 PM UTC
Thanks for all the kind words guys and all of the helpful pointers too!
ShermiesRule
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 5,409 posts
Armorama: 3,777 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 24, 2004 - 03:00 PM UTC
June 5! That is a great theme. I made a dio a while back with a dog doing the same thing but mine was obviously Russian!
KFMagee
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,586 posts
Armorama: 1,225 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 24, 2004 - 07:18 PM UTC
Absolutely wonderful... both in concept and in execution. I love the dog "doing what dogs do"... and the officer looking on in apparent disgust!
Bren
Visit this Community
Cape Province, South Africa
KitMaker: 381 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 25, 2004 - 02:09 AM UTC
Nice work.
Could you pm me your favourite photo, this will be placed in the campaign folder.

Cheers

Erik
tazz
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 1,462 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 25, 2004 - 04:03 AM UTC
very nicely done. the dog is the best.
and the way the guys are cooking and all the food on the table.
its really cool
Major_Goose
Visit this Community
Kikladhes, Greece / Ελλάδα
KitMaker: 6,871 posts
Armorama: 2,071 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 25, 2004 - 07:00 PM UTC
Wonderful thats the word for me. So much detail and is well putted together. The dof is the absolute hit onthe dio and the hole scene is in war but has nothing to do with war. My confatulations on something so nice. Maybe some more pastel dusting would get it a lil more into life , but it is a magical scene . Bravo
 _GOTOTOP