_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
Manufacturer needs help with a new kits.
downtowndeco
Visit this Community
Montana, United States
KitMaker: 306 posts
Armorama: 272 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 29, 2015 - 12:03 AM UTC
Hi Guys,

I'm working on a couple new kits & I need a little help. The first kit is a 1/35 diorama base called "Battle of Fallujah" & I need some US Marine figures. They need to be nicely done & correct for the battle. I need 3/5 figures for the box cover shoot. You get your figures on the box cover & one of the kits no charge when it's released. I'll be glad to return them when done.

The second kit will be based on the Battle of Stalingrad. I need a few nicely done Russian troops. Same deal, you get your figures on the cover + a free kit when it comes out.

The last thing I'm doing is a Vietnam dio base. It will probably be set in Saigon. Same deal.

Why aren't I doing these myself?? It's not my thing. I'm pretty good at structures & bases but don't really have the time, patience or talent to do figures.: )

If you have figures that you think would be appropriate for any of the projects send me a couple pics @ [email protected] & we'll talk.

Thanks for your help!

Randy Pepprock
Dioramas Plus

Deitrich
Visit this Community
Australian Capital Territory, Australia
KitMaker: 20 posts
Armorama: 20 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 30, 2015 - 03:28 PM UTC
That's cheatin mate.

Would you also pay someone to satisfy your wife?

Maki
Staff MemberSenior Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Croatia Hrvatska
KitMaker: 5,579 posts
Armorama: 2,988 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 30, 2015 - 03:58 PM UTC

Quoted Text

That's cheatin mate.

What kind of a comment is this? If you don't like what Randy is asking for, that's OK, but your post is rude and uncalled for.

Mario
kandahar
Visit this Community
Tokyo-to, Japan / 日本
KitMaker: 52 posts
Armorama: 52 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 30, 2015 - 04:36 PM UTC
It's actually a case of people not explaining themselves properly. I assume that the figures used by the manufacturer are to be displayed on the cover of the box and not copied and included in the kit. However, this isn't really made clear and so a misunderstanding has arisen. Presumably the manufacturer will credit the modeller who made the figures (One would hope so). Given the lack of clarity in the original post the response is reasonable.
deerstalker36
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 232 posts
Armorama: 218 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 30, 2015 - 05:11 PM UTC

Quoted Text

That's cheatin mate.

thats a bit too far mate, the guy wants some decent figures to promote his work and he's said he doesnt have the talent to do it. theres no need to hurl abuse

Quoted Text

Given the lack of clarity in the original post the response is reasonable.

the response isnt reasonable,if there was a lack of clarity then a simple 'i dont understand mate' would have sufficed. theres no requirement for this
kandahar
Visit this Community
Tokyo-to, Japan / 日本
KitMaker: 52 posts
Armorama: 52 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 30, 2015 - 05:48 PM UTC
One has to look at the original post which is unfortunately ambiguous. The initial response whilst direct is perfectly valid and whilst a simple 'I don't understand' might have been better it doesn't follow that this response will be the one chosen. It is not just respondents to a post who have to need to be clearer but also the original posters as well. To be honest, the post from Brent demonstrated a certain amount of wit (a quality which is sadly in short supply).
Hisham
Visit this Community
Al Qahirah, Egypt / لعربية
KitMaker: 6,856 posts
Armorama: 6,363 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 30, 2015 - 06:18 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I need 3/5 figures for the box cover shoot. You get your figures on the box cover & one of the kits no charge when it's released. I'll be glad to return them when done.

Exactly how is this ambiguous and warrants a rude remark about the man's wife?

Hisham
parrot
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 1,607 posts
Armorama: 1,581 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 30, 2015 - 06:39 PM UTC
Don't see the problem here.
Randy makes the buildings and he's very good at it.
I've sent him things before and never thought anything of It.
Randy,Send me a PM.I think I can help you with Nam and Afganistan.

Tom
obg153
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,063 posts
Armorama: 1,049 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 30, 2015 - 06:52 PM UTC
Note this; Brent K joined this site 3 days ago and this is his fourth post. Hope this isn't his usual frame of mind. Doesn't matter how "ambiguous" the initial post was, that remark was just flat out rude and uncalled for.
walley54
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 108 posts
Armorama: 92 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 30, 2015 - 07:53 PM UTC
The request by Randy was perfectly clear and easy to understand. The reply on the other hand was rude, obnoxious and totally uncalled for.
srmalloy
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 336 posts
Armorama: 298 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 30, 2015 - 09:01 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Isn't that what the people you pay to mow your yard and do the interior housekeeping are doing?
downtowndeco
Visit this Community
Montana, United States
Posted: Wednesday, September 30, 2015 - 09:24 PM UTC
Hi Guys,

Of course I don't want to make copies of someone else's figures for resale. I simply need to borrow some nicely painted figures to help illustrate the box cover art(s). As it said in the original post, they would be returned.

Sorry for any misunderstanding.

Anyone have anything that would fit the bill that they'd like to see on a box cover? Like I said, you get a free kit too.

Randy Pepprock
Dioramas Plus
Biggles2
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 7,600 posts
Armorama: 6,110 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 30, 2015 - 09:48 PM UTC
Seemed pretty clear to me! Maybe Randy could put something like "Figures painted by so-and-so. Figures not included in kit." Makes it clearer for the reading-impaired, and the painter gets a credit!

PS; pretty sure the missus is having an affair with the pool cleaner!
Lazzarus78
Visit this Community
Switzerland
KitMaker: 75 posts
Armorama: 75 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 30, 2015 - 10:19 PM UTC
Hi, i think it is a pretty nice idea. Why not asking for some figures? If i wanna do something and i can't or want do it myself, i am asking somebody to help me or do it for me. Simple thing. And it is a fair deal, get your stuff on a boxart and get a free kit. That is what Community is for. If someone think it isn't a fair deal, don't go for it.....or ask on PM for another deal.
My figures are not good enough, so i can't help.
Cheers Christoph
Marty
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 2,312 posts
Armorama: 1,054 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 01, 2015 - 02:11 AM UTC
OP, are you asking for scratch-built figures or something that's already been released? I would think that using another manufacturer's figures in your box art could give a load of trouble due to copy rights.
downtowndeco
Visit this Community
Montana, United States
Posted: Thursday, October 01, 2015 - 02:20 AM UTC
I'm looking for something that has already been released. Why would any manufacturer have an issue with getting a little free publicity? I'm glad to give them credit at well. Man this is turning out to be a hassle. : )

I've almost got the Stalingrad dio masters done. Thinking about it, German figures would work just as well. Anyone have anything that would be nicely painted & appropriate that they wouldn't mind lending for the photo shoot? PM me.

Cheers!

Randy Pepprock
Dioramas Plus
edmund
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 668 posts
Armorama: 456 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 01, 2015 - 02:44 AM UTC
So this is like diorama bases , the figures are garnishes . Let's make the base look good .
downtowndeco
Visit this Community
Montana, United States
Posted: Thursday, October 01, 2015 - 02:52 AM UTC
Yes, we make bases & 1/35 structures. : )

[/URL]

www.dioramasplus.com
Marty
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 2,312 posts
Armorama: 1,054 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 01, 2015 - 04:23 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I'm looking for something that has already been released. Why would any manufacturer have an issue with getting a little free publicity? I'm glad to give them credit at well. Man this is turning out to be a hassle. : )

Free publicity is nice but you plan on making money off your kits and you want to use someone else's product to hep you sell/advertise them. I am not trying to rain on your parade but someone may and probably will have a problem with that. I wish you best of luck.
Deitrich
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, October 01, 2015 - 04:34 AM UTC
You guys are right, I probably overstepped the mark with that comment. My apologies Randy, not a good way to introduce yourself to a new forum.

At least it got this thread moving though. It sat there for 2 days without a single reply.
jphillips
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 1,066 posts
Armorama: 789 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 01, 2015 - 05:09 AM UTC
Randy, I'm glad you came here; we're all happy to see new diorama products. I'm sorry your reception was so ungracious.
downtowndeco
Visit this Community
Montana, United States
Posted: Thursday, October 01, 2015 - 05:23 AM UTC
To all, we're good, forget it.

I am still looking for figures though so if you have any you think would work please touch base.

Cheers!

Randy Pepprock
Dioramas Plus
Biggles2
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 7,600 posts
Armorama: 6,110 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 01, 2015 - 07:37 PM UTC

Quoted Text

OP, are you asking for scratch-built figures or something that's already been released? I would think that using another manufacturer's figures in your box art could give a load of trouble due to copy rights.

If you take a look at Diorama Plus catalog, Randy has typically used figures and/or vehicles to illustrate his buildings for years, including the "Downtown Deco" range.
panzer_fan
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 427 posts
Armorama: 348 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 01, 2015 - 08:17 PM UTC

Quoted Text

That's cheatin mate.

You should apologize for your rude remarks.
In my many years here on Armorama, I have never seen such a comment... yes we tend to argue over a certain model sometimes, but by no means and under no circumstances we make references like this about another fellow's wife.
You should be ashamed of yourself.
Deitrich
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, October 02, 2015 - 03:42 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

That's cheatin mate.

You should apologize for your rude remarks.
In my many years here on Armorama, I have never seen such a comment... yes we tend to argue over a certain model sometimes, but by no means and under no circumstances we make references like this about another fellow's wife.
You should be ashamed of yourself.

Already have, just go up a couple of posts.

@ jphillips. Don't be so sanctimonious. This you're not welcoming a newcomer to your local church, this is an internet forum.
 _GOTOTOP