_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
JEFF SHIU'S 120MM
easyco69
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 2,275 posts
Armorama: 2,233 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 01, 2015 - 06:26 AM UTC
Has anyone bought off of Jeff? Can you tell me where he lives or better yet, what time zone? I want to order but I have to wait for him to send me a paypal $ request..not sure if he's hours behind or ahead of me.
JEFF SHIU'S 120mm Sculptures
Check out his work http://jeffshiu.lsft.com/products.html

easyco69
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Thursday, October 01, 2015 - 07:36 AM UTC
Hurray! I got thru to him & ordered this one below.
oldbean
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 769 posts
Armorama: 461 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 01, 2015 - 05:52 PM UTC
I got one of his 200mm kits. The sculpting is fantastic, very detailed and spot on but the molding and the way he cut the kit up for it is not very well thought out. Need LOTS of putty/Miliput and sanding.

Jesse
easyco69
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Thursday, October 01, 2015 - 09:24 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I got one of his 200mm kits. The sculpting is fantastic, very detailed and spot on but the molding and the way he cut the kit up for it is not very well thought out. Need LOTS of putty/Miliput and sanding.

Jesse

thx jesse for the heads up.
What primer did you use? enamel? Then acrylic?
oldbean
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
Posted: Tuesday, October 06, 2015 - 08:28 PM UTC
Wash it real good. Lots of mold release. Then enamel primer and I used a mix of acrylics, enamels and oils on mine. Like I said, the detail is excellent. Just need to do a lot of work to hide the joints.

Jesse
oldbean
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
Posted: Tuesday, October 06, 2015 - 08:29 PM UTC
Let me know how looks when you get it. I would be interested to know if they are cut up the same way for casting.

Jesse
Khollar
Visit this Community
South Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 23 posts
Armorama: 8 posts
Posted: Monday, October 19, 2015 - 02:30 AM UTC
Jeff's figures are highly detailed and normally very well cast. A number of his figures depict running subjects, and they are nicely animated. He has also released a number of figures in a series, which can be posed together in a vignette.

I have purchased from him directly from Hong Kong, and also purchased his figures through Chuck Robinson at The Red Lancers.

Nearly all of Jeff's figures released to date are German subjects, mostly from WW2. He recently announced a 120mm figure of a U.S. Infantryman from WW2.

He is one of my favorite producers of 120mm figures, and I would recommend his figures without reservation.
knewton
Visit this Community
New Zealand
KitMaker: 1,217 posts
Armorama: 1,092 posts
Posted: Monday, October 19, 2015 - 03:49 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Jeff's figures are highly detailed and normally very well cast. A number of his figures depict running subjects, and they are nicely animated. He has also released a number of figures in a series, which can be posed together in a vignette.

I have purchased from him directly from Hong Kong, and also purchased his figures through Chuck Robinson at The Red Lancers.

Nearly all of Jeff's figures released to date are German subjects, mostly from WW2. He recently announced a 120mm figure of a U.S. Infantryman from WW2.

He is one of my favorite producers of 120mm figures, and I would recommend his figures without reservation.

I second all of this, without hesitation. I've a select few Stalingrad subjects, and Paras from Normandy. I eagerly anticipate each of his releases, and only wish my time allowed for more.

Kylie
oldbean
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
Posted: Monday, October 19, 2015 - 10:00 PM UTC
Don't get me wrong! The casting was good, it was the way the figure was divided up to make the molds. on the figure I got (200mm MG34 gunner) the arms were chopped apart at the elbows. Looked like he stuck a wire in the figure and wiggled it around to get them to come apart. The hands looked the same way. The pistol holster was broken apart with about 1/4 of the end molded to the leg and the rest separate. And not a clean line either. The whole figure needed LOTS of miliput to fill in the joints and lines. But, it is an outstanding figure! Looks very realistic and lifelike. I bought from Jeff Directly and he was a pure pleasure to deal with and I look forward to ordering from him again.

Jesse
5thMech
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 81 posts
Armorama: 55 posts
Posted: Monday, October 19, 2015 - 11:48 PM UTC
You could not find a more reputable and trustworthy person with whom to do on-line business than Jeff. I have dealt with him many, many times over the past couple of years and have never been disappointed in his customer service and satisfaction. Add to that that his figures and selection of subjects are incomparable (in my humble opinion) and you have an unbeatable combination.

Go to Jeff's website. Select the item(s) you want. Send Jeff an e-mail advising him of what you want to order and ask him to send you a PayPal invoice. He'll respond almost immediately and you will receive your order quickly in a carefully wrapped package so the contents arrive safely. I can pretty much guarantee you'll be pleased you've dealt with Jeff.
minas-ithil
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 248 posts
Armorama: 224 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 20, 2015 - 12:14 AM UTC
I have to heartily agree with 5th Mech. I have bought a few figures from Jeff over the years. Excellent service, speedy shipping and the items were very well packed. I highly recommend his figures and his attention to his customers.

Stephen
(Minas-Ithil)
 _GOTOTOP