Hosted by Darren Baker
Revell 03053 Leopard 2A4
JAFMA
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 82 posts
Armorama: 49 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 03, 2015 - 07:08 PM UTC
Just acquired a Revell 03053 Leopard 2A4 at a model meet. I am looking to convert it to a Leopard 2A4 CAN so I am trying to find out what I will need for this conversion and where these items might be purchased. I am also look to purchase the tracks for this item I would like to get a high quality set of tracks. Any help would be appreciated.
ArtyG37B
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 420 posts
Armorama: 416 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 03, 2015 - 07:19 PM UTC
are you looking to do an a4 or an A4M CAN?
Y-modelle has a conversion for the A4M CAN.
for the A4 you'll need to get the bustle baskets and T- antennae mounts. just to start. I know Anthony will offer more help
JAFMA
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
Posted: Saturday, October 03, 2015 - 10:35 PM UTC
That conversion kit is for a Hobby - Boss 82401. My kit is a Revell 03053. Thanks anyway.
barkingdigger
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,981 posts
Armorama: 3,403 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 03, 2015 - 11:27 PM UTC
Hi Randall,

You might want to look at the Leopard 2 List of kits & conversions over on the Leopard Club website. Scrolling down you will eventually find the A4M CAN conversions - both with & without barracuda netting. It is worth looking at both kits just to see the extent of the new parts, even though they are meant for the HB kit. With a little modelling effort it looks like they could be made to work with the Revel kit too. (The barracuda netted version has replacements for the upper hull and entire turret, so the only thing the base kit contributes is the lower hull! Surely a little creative "plastic surgery" old make the Revel hull fit?). The only issue is cost. Note also that Leopard Club does the necessary radio aerials...

I've built the Revel kit before, and there are decent cheap Indy-link tracks available from Bronco that I like to use. They are a little tedious to assemble, but are nice when in place.
Hellrabbit
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 139 posts
Armorama: 139 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 04, 2015 - 12:18 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Just acquired a Revell 03053 Leopard 2A4 at a model meet. I am looking to convert it to a Leopard 2A4 CAN so I am trying to find out what I will need for this conversion and where these items might be purchased. I am also look to purchase the tracks for this item I would like to get a high quality set of tracks. Any help would be appreciated.

Talking about Leopard2 A4m CAN? HobbyBoss is gonna release it under support from Canadian Pro Anthony Seward and Jason...You should wait for that.
JAFMA
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
Posted: Sunday, October 04, 2015 - 03:37 AM UTC
Would you mean this kit? http://leopardclub.ca/workshop/LW028/
Visit this Community
Australian Capital Territory, Australia
KitMaker: 546 posts
Armorama: 541 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 04, 2015 - 03:39 AM UTC
I'd love to see that set in 1/16.
junglejim
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 1,728 posts
Armorama: 1,629 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 04, 2015 - 04:19 AM UTC
For a basic 2A4 (which is what the OP asked...), the rear bin is a little different on top (the 2A4M is again just a bit different):

And bottom:

Also need to source the 6/2 SGL's:

And driver's cameras front and rear, barrel cleaning rod holders relocated on glacis. Had been planning this same conversion for the Revell kit, but will wait and see what's in the pipeline.

Jim
 _GOTOTOP