Hosted by Darren Baker
How long till we see a 1/35 Hawkei?
nick_pal
Visit this Community
South Australia, Australia
KitMaker: 327 posts
Armorama: 283 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 06, 2015 - 07:56 AM UTC
With Australia army announcing they will be purchasing many Hawkei vehicles for part of their new fleet I wonder how long it will be till we see a 1/35 kit? They will be made by Thales, same people who make the successful Bushmaster PMV.

http://www.military-today.com/trucks/hawkei_images.htm
chauvel
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 155 posts
Armorama: 154 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 06, 2015 - 12:39 PM UTC
They look kinda cool, don't they Nick? Who else uses the base design?
Hisham
Visit this Community
Al Qahirah, Egypt / لعربية
KitMaker: 6,856 posts
Armorama: 6,363 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 06, 2015 - 12:49 PM UTC
Looks like it's also a babe magnet

Seriously though, it does look like a cool vehicle and would make a great looking kit

Hisham
WarWheels
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 1,816 posts
Armorama: 1,402 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 06, 2015 - 07:34 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Who else uses the base design?

Off the top of my head, I don't believe anyone else presently uses the base Hawkei.
rogerjo1
Visit this Community
Västra Götaland, Sweden
KitMaker: 950 posts
Armorama: 905 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 06, 2015 - 08:25 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Seriously though, it does look like a cool vehicle and would make a great looking kit

Hisham

yes a very cute lady on the photo... Unfortunately i dont think we will see it in a kit if not a Australian company do it... But i may be wrong but i hope it can come one day....but the chance is not so big i think as the Australian army are not that used as the american.... You see we dont even have so many modern kits from UK, France,... The Britisch viechle we have are mostly done by Accurate armour but i hope the model kit companys change that soon as i want some Swedisch kits too
nick_pal
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, October 07, 2015 - 02:21 AM UTC
Yeah agreed Roger, a bit of wishful thinking on my behalf I think. Maybe showcase models Australia might since they made the Bushmaster 1/35. It'd be nice if bronco or Takom would make one
M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 4,403 posts
Armorama: 4,078 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 07, 2015 - 10:19 AM UTC
[quote]
Quoted Text

Hisham

Maybe if enough of us started emailing or texting the various model companies, we might see it. A strong front of enough modellers bothering the model manufacturers could open a few doors. I can remember a time when we didn't even have A FRACTION of the kits that we have available now. Even a vehicle like the RG-33 "Husky" will be manufactured by TWO model companies in the near future.

Supposing we created a monthly "Want List" with ALL of the subscribers on this site putting their their names on the list as a petition of sorts, and forwarding the want list with the attached names to the various model manufacturers? Maybe if we bombarded the manufacturers as a united front, they might listen. This is possibly too much to hope for, but there is "strength in numbers". Politicians have to deal with their constituencies as well as pressure groups; perhaps if we pressured the manufacturers as a group, they would be more responsive to our wants and needs..?
jasmils
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 1,016 posts
Armorama: 745 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 07, 2015 - 03:50 PM UTC
I have started the research on this if that's any help.
But no point doing anymore than that until it has been in-service for at least a year. That way any changes from the trials version to the in-service version will be a lot clearer.
nick_pal
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, October 07, 2015 - 03:54 PM UTC
[quote]
Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Hisham

Maybe if enough of us started emailing or texting the various model companies, we might see it. A strong front of enough modellers bothering the model manufacturers could open a few doors. I can remember a time when we didn't even have A FRACTION of the kits that we have available now. Even a vehicle like the RG-33 "Husky" will be manufactured by TWO model companies in the near future.

Supposing we created a monthly "Want List" with ALL of the subscribers on this site putting their their names on the list as a petition of sorts, and forwarding the want list with the attached names to the various model manufacturers? Maybe if we bombarded the manufacturers as a united front, they might listen. This is possibly too much to hope for, but there is "strength in numbers". Politicians have to deal with their constituencies as well as pressure groups; perhaps if we pressured the manufacturers as a group, they would be more responsive to our wants and needs..?

I like the idea, after all the people reading these forums are the ones purchasing the companies products. How would we start something like this, been that there will be hundreds of suggestions for kits wanted to be made.
nick_pal
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, October 07, 2015 - 04:06 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I have started the research on this if that's any help.
But no point doing anymore than that until it has been in-service for at least a year. That way any changes from the trials version to the in-service version will be a lot clearer.

What have you found out so far Jason? Apart from https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hawkei
nick_pal
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, October 07, 2015 - 04:16 PM UTC
For your viewing https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eK173Qt1pRA&feature=youtu.be
M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 4,403 posts
Armorama: 4,078 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 08, 2015 - 07:26 PM UTC
[quote]
Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Hisham

I like the idea, after all the people reading these forums are the ones purchasing the companies products. How would we start something like this, been that there will be hundreds of suggestions for kits wanted to be made.

I mean to say that we should concentrate on a certain vehicle each week or so, and then all of us sign our name to it and then submit the vehicle to the manufacturers.

Next week, we select a different vehicle, and submit this second vehicle to the manufacturers, and at the same time, we RE-SUBMIT our first vehicle. Now the manufacturers are being deluged with TWO new vehicles.

But wait- the following week, we submit a THIRD vehicle, while we RE-SUBMIT vehicles #1 and #2. We continue along this line, and pretty soon, we will have a sizable amount of vehicles that we are in favor of for the manufacturers to produce.

WE SHOULD NOT SLACK-OFF OUR EFFORTS, PRESENTING A UNITED FRONT IN ASSAULTING THE KIT MANUFACTURERS. Our strength is in OUR NUMBERS and OUR UNRELENTING PRESSURE... We should at least be able to see several of our suggestions come to fruition. Individual requests from modellers will hardly, if ever, influence a model manufacturer to produce a kit suggested by a single modeller...

_GOTOTOP