_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum: Cold War Soviet Armor
For discussions related to cold war era Russo-Soviet armor.
Winter Camo help
Frontovik
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 35 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 25, 2004 - 08:33 AM UTC
I have yet to paint a tank in the winter white-wash, but want to do my Tamiya T-34/76 w/uralmash turret in winter dress. Any tips....airbrush the white or dry-brush it on? Unfortunately, white is the hardest color to work with......Bal'shoe Spasiba! for any help....Bill Gibbs
dsmith
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 183 posts
Armorama: 92 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 25, 2004 - 10:05 AM UTC
I have never tried this method, but I hear that it works great - just like the real thing. First paint your tank in its normal colors. Then get some white pastels, and grind them up and add some alcohol (acrylic thinner). Then, take this and white wash your tank with a brush. Don't worry about the bibbles, they will disappear as the stuff dries. After it dries, you can scrub off as much or as little as you like. This way, it is just like the real stuff, worn away.....
animal
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 4,503 posts
Armorama: 3,159 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 25, 2004 - 10:13 AM UTC
I painted the tank it its normal paint scheme and then I used MM Flat White in a 20 % white to 80% thinner and brushed over the entire mode. I used a brush because that wes the way they would have applied it in the field.
Kencelot
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 4,268 posts
Armorama: 2,804 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 25, 2004 - 04:59 PM UTC
Fronto, you may be able to get some more tips out of this Thread
WAR-TOOL
Visit this Community
Idaho, United States
KitMaker: 117 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 25, 2004 - 06:15 PM UTC
HI, here are some pics of my t-34/76, i painted the model its russian green color then took a stiff brush and applied a coat of MM flat white, then i streaked the white with thinner to give it a rain washe effect, i thought that it came out pretty nicely

_GOTOTOP