_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: AA/AT/Artillery
For discussions about artillery and anti-aircraft or anti-tank guns.
Hosted by Darren Baker
75mm pack howitzer
Ranger626
KitMaker: 8 posts
Armorama: 8 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 17, 2015 - 06:05 AM UTC
I'd like to use the Bronco British Airborn 75mm pack howitzer to model a USMC pack howitzer. Can anyone tell me what, if any, differences are there between the British model and the US model? Thanks.
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
Armorama: 13,742 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 17, 2015 - 06:10 AM UTC
The British version used an entirely different trail pieces and wheels. I believe the US trails and wheels are also in the Bronco Jeep w/Pack Howitzer kit though.
Biggles2
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 7,600 posts
Armorama: 6,110 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 17, 2015 - 07:49 PM UTC
If you can find the Vision Models pack 75mm (it's the same one in the Bronco kit, minus the jeep), it's much cheaper. No gun crew though. I found there are enough Dragon USMC figures in kneeling poses to convert to a crew.
Ranger626
KitMaker: 8 posts
Armorama: 8 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 18, 2015 - 09:51 PM UTC
Thank you Gino and Biggles. You both added info I did not know. I was able to find a few on-line reviews of this kit, but could find no mention that version with the jeep has a different set of trails. Also couldn't tell from the photos of the sprues. I think I'll hold off and see if they issue a version specifically identified as US or perhaps some other company will issue this. (Somewhere on the net I've seen a rumor that AFV Club might have one in development). Again, thanks.
 _GOTOTOP